Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Brand Suppressors? I shoot 762 and .223 ADVICE!

What brand suppressors would you recommend and should I purchase a 762 can and just shoot my 223 thru it? I am looking at purchasing through silencer shop. Do the more expensive suppressors reduce sound more? Give me all the knowledge!

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Brand Suppressors? I shoot 762 and .223 ADVICE!

9 out if 10 of these posts will be

"You should get 'this suppressor's because that's what I got."

I don't have any rifle suppressors but have been looking at them. Dead air makes a really good QD mount and all their cans are for .30 cal guns but they make 5.56 end caps. If you go w the larger volume cans, you'll have a little less blowback w a 5.56 gun. I would base my search first off cost and what you can afford. Then I'd make sure it's from a reputable company. Lastly I'd decide what kind of mount system is best. If you're looking for accuracy and minimal POI shift, get direct thread. For swapping between guns a lot, get a can w a good QD system like dead air.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    I don't have any rifle suppressors but have been looking at them. Dead air makes a really good QD mount and all their cans are for .30 cal guns but they make 5.56 end caps. If you go w the larger volume cans, you'll have a little less blowback w a 5.56 gun. I would base my search first off cost and what you can afford. Then I'd make sure it's from a reputable company. Lastly I'd decide what kind of mount system is best. If you're looking for accuracy and minimal POI shift, get direct thread. For swapping between guns a lot, get a can w a good QD system like dead air.
    I'm in a similar situation as this guy. Own a couple of handgun suppressors, but no rifle suppressors (been browsing them for a while though). This man speaks the truth.

I think the most important thing to take away is, don't chase decibels. If you're looking at 2 different suppressors, and one is 1-2 dB quieter than the other, you shouldn't always necessarily choose the quieter one. You should consider warranty and customer service, weight, point of impact shift, mounting system, durability, and size. I'd take any of those over 1-2 dB any day.

As far as .30 cal can vs. .22 cal can, I'd say it depends. A .30 cal can will obviously be more versatile. But a .22 cal can is usually lighter and smaller. For me, as mainly a handgun and shotgun guy, I'll probably buy just a .30 cal suppressor and call it quits. But, if you're more of a rifle guy, you might appreciate the benefits of having a caliber/gun specific suppressor. I know that's what I'm doing for handguns.

(The Dead Air mounting system is most intriguing to me. Don't forget, they have adapters to use other brand suppressors on their mounts, so don't feel stuck with them just for their mounting system)

Check out the SilencerCo Omega 300. Good for all the way up to .300WM but great for 5.56 too. Only thing is, you'll have to find a dealer that has a relationship with SilencerCo; they don't do business with silencershop
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags.

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    9 out if 10 of these posts will be

"You should get 'this suppressor's because that's what I got."
    Or, you shouldn't get the one I got ( gemtec)

(Washington County)

I would suggest spending more on one 7.62 can and using it for all calibers than buying multiple cheaper heavier cans. Personally, I use AAC suppressors.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

The most popular 30 cal suppressor we sell is the Thunder Beast Ultra 9, and yes, I own one myself and use it on my Remington 700 chambered in 308.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

I have an AAC 762-SDN-6 & would recommend against it as I do not like their quick disconnect system. I also received very poor customer service from them when it needed service (for the crappy quick disconnect latch).

In use, it's great for 30 caliber and 223 both. I've also used it on a 6.5mm to great effect.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Or, you shouldn't get the one I got ( gemtec)

(Armstrong County)

A better thing to ask would be, what are you shooting it on(bolt or gas gun), what type of volume of fire, is weight a concern, what's your budget, are you ok with $100+ muzzle devices for each rifle you wish move it around too?

Watch you tube videos of demos of different brands and test. Like posted above don't chase numbers.
    But you can see the diff in sound metering from 7.62 to 5.56 with the same can.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast