Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Brand Suppressors? I shoot 762 and .223 ADVICE!

I have a Sig SRD-762QD. I bought it mostly because of the Sig Armed Professional Program price being under $500. That just blew any other 300 Win Mag rated can out of the water price wise.

That said I love the can. The mounting system is simple and effective, it has low back pressure overall happy with my purchase.

(Centre County)

With suppressors you get what you pay for. I can get you into a .30 cal suppressor for under $200, or a .22 suppressor for under $100 and they will/should work ok - but for how long? Silencerco is by far the largest of all suppressor manufacturers and they got there because they make a good product. No I am not a shill for them, I sell a lot of theirs but also sell the other brands (Gemtech, Dead Air, SIG, Thunder Beast (they make great quality, quiet suppressors) AAC and others) and am not tied to any particular brand. I will caution about AAC - have heard a lot of complaints about their customer service and also remember - they are part of Remington and from sources that are in the know, I was told that when they "absorbed" AAC, just like when they procured Para Ordnance, they did not bring along/hire the engineers from AAC or Para Ordnance.

To the OP, do your homework, ask questions, and like the others said, don't chase the noise reduction. Even though it may cost a bit more, get the best suppressor for your application (s), even if it means buying more than one. Remember - Jack of all trades/master of none.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

AAC used to be hot, but now they’re not.
    Silencerco are starting to cool off.
    Dead Air are next hot thing.

Just remember the market moves fast while your suppressor sits in jail- it may not be the next best thing once you get your hands on it. Go with a company that has great customer service. Silencerco has been responsive to me and others say the same. I don’t own Dead Air but I hear they’re GTG as well.

Do you plan on a suppressor for each gun, or one suppressor for multiple guns? The answer will dictate muzzle device setup on your guns, unless you go with thread-on. For me the muzzle devices were almost as important as the suppressor.

Read more suppressor threads and learn from other people’s mistakes. When you read that several people have a similar issue with a suppressor, it usually is a bad sign.

Finally, if you mount a suppressor and something doesn’t seem right, DON’T SHOOT WITH IT! Take it off and re-read the instructions fully. You can also check it with an alignment rod. Any issue I ever had involved going against my gut instinct that something wasn’t right.

Those are my pearls of suppressor wisdom..

(York County)

Well I did it. Ordered a SilencerCo hybrid. Now paper work and a long wait! Exciting times ahead...

(Armstrong County)

Welcome to the dark side, and the world of gateway drugs.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12