Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Why the unknown motive in the Las Vegas massacre is so unsettling

Is motive necessary for a conviction in a criminal case?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Is motive necessary for a conviction in a criminal case?
    Depends on the charge. It matters in crimes of intent, and it matters if there's an affirmative defense. If I kill somebody by crushing their ribs, but I assert that they stopped breathing and I was attempting CPR, then my motive matters. If I shoot some woman at the mall in the face, the DA doesn't have to prove why I did it as part of his case.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Atrocities usually happen for 1 of 3 reasons:

(1) Muslim fanatics have been told that killing is the path to Paradise.

(2) Homicidal maniacs like to see people die up close.

(3) False flags.

The Vegas asshole doesn't appear to be a Muslim, fanatical or otherwise.

He shot from 300+ yards away, so he wasn't getting his jollies from seeing the bodies convulse and bleed.

The ONLY likely result of what he did, with his pointlessly large arsenal and the trick bump stock, would be that the Dems would jump on it, dust off the usual suspect bills, and seek to infringe enumerated rights again.

You can often spot the false flag ops. A militant black woman "discovers" spray painted messages like "Go away negroes, Trump rules" on her dorm door, or a Muslim woman reports that half a dozen Biffs taunted her burka and managed to be invisible to nearby cameras. Seems like a majority of reported "hate crimes" are false flags, designed solely to create victims and advance their agenda.

Killing a bunch of country fans to advance the cause of gun control has appeal to the Lefties. The proof of my assertion is in the number of Lefties who publicly gloated about it afterwards, within hours, before the blood dried.

If the investigators summarily rule out this being a Leftist willing to buy a bunch of guns and kill strangers so that Americans lose their gun rights, then we'll probably never HEAR the motive.
    ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

“The lack of explanation here is bothering us on an almost existential level,” said psychologist Yuval Neria, an expert on post-traumatic stress disorder at Columbia University in New York. It’s an anguish Neria says he has heard in his lab and in his clinical practice from people who have followed the unfolding horrors from afar and from those with direct ties to the shooting.

“It is an unconscious and profound human trait to seek a motive for catastrophic violence. It is a means of self-defense,” said Jeff Victoroff, a professor of psychiatry and neurology at the University of Southern California and an expert in trauma, terrorism and human aggression. “People need to make contingency plans, to protect themselves, by assigning a motive, recognizing people with that motive, and staying away from them.”
    In other words, the sheeple want a reason for the shooting, so someone can "do something" to make them feel safer, so they can stick their heads back in the sand.

The rest of us understand that evil exists, whether it's a lone psycho, a terrorist group, or a tyrannical government, and the best you can do is to eliminate that threat and then watch out for the next one.

One group runs for cover as soon as the shooting starts. The other group stands there in denial and then melts down in panic when they realize someone is actually trying to kill them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    In other words, the sheeple want a reason for the shooting, so someone can "do something" to make them feel safer, so they can stick their heads back in the sand.

The rest of us understand that evil exists, whether it's a lone psycho, a terrorist group, or a tyrannical government, and the best you can do is to eliminate that threat and then watch out for the next one.

One group runs for cover as soon as the shooting starts. The other group stands there in denial and then melts down in panic when they realize someone is actually trying to kill them.
    Kane killed Abel with a rock. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Kane killed Abel with a rock. This is nothing new.
    True. Yet, as Americans we need a made for tv explanation and motivate.
    Last edited by vinnyg101; October 26th, 2017 at 10:48 PM.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(York County)

HR3999 is quite possibly a poison pill to kill re-election chances for Trump, at the cost of our rights. If it makes it to his desk, and he signs it, say goodbye to a second term. This may explain why so many Republicans are behind it. The goal is to hurt Trump bad enough, he won't try for re-election, and one of the Rhinos gets a chance to ride the pony.

Not saying I'm right about this, but I don't think I'm too far off.

(Lancaster County)

"Isn't it kind of scary that one man can reap this kind of hell?"
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123