Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Schuylkill County)

Default The Target of Gun Control 30 Years Ago

I found this little treasure in my attic earlier this year. I figured that now would be a good time to share this with others.

Thirty years ago the anti gun mission was to ban easily concealable handguns. They apparently thought concealed carriers were the greatest threat to our nation. They wanted to ban the tools that millions of Americans carry everyday to defend themselves and their families.

In recent years their aim has shifted towards banning semiautomatic rifles and their accessories. Somehow rifles and their parts are now the greatest threat to society.

The most obvious conclusion would be that they want to ban all firearms. In my opinion they appear to be opportunistic snakes in the grass. They don't go after the greatest threat but instead they go after the easiest prey. Whatever they can demonize the most at any given time is what they will push to be banned.

It's no coincidence that they are now targeting bump fire stocks. It is what they view as having the greatest odds of success. Most 2A supporters don't really care about them and the anti gun crowd have learned over the decades to follow the path of least resistance. History clearly shows that they will never stop trying to ban firearms in any form even if they do occasionally move the goal posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images