Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Federal court rules there is no Constitutional Right to Sell Guns

9th Circuit...no surprise

Some say the only purpose of the 9th Circuit is to be overturned by the US Supreme Court on appeal....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    9th Circuit...no surprise

Some say the only purpose of the 9th Circuit is to be overturned by the US Supreme Court on appeal....
    I recall reading they are overturned about 77% of the time.

How many .230 hitters make it big in the majors?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    It's a zoning issue, nothing more. True, it is a highly-restrictive zoning application, but it's not the end of the world.

The court did not say, "There is no constitutional right to sell guns," they said, "There is no constitutional right to sell guns anywhere."

The locale's zoning rules are way off the mark, and are anti-gun and discriminatory, but that's what happens when you have zoning ordinances, not unlike some of the crap that occurs when you have home owners' associations and their rules.
    Exactly.
    I had to jump through hoops to get a variance to be "re-zoned" for manufacturing and sales since i was planning on running the gun business in the same building that my woodshop has been in for the past 30 years....manufacturing products.

TLDR
    Township wanted a $500 payday for a 15 min meeting so i could get a variance letter to allow me to manufacture items in a building that has been zoned to manufacture items for 30 years.

"Well you're zoned for making cabinets, not guns. You need to re-zone the property with the variance."
    I asked what difference was if I make cabinets, guns with proper licensing, fake flowers, or dildos. Manufacture zoning doesn't have certain items it applies to.
    I had to notify all neighboring property owners with a map of my property, building, and store hours. Now i am in the middle of now where, so it's not like im in a residential area by any means. (Hell Emptymag had to pack a lunch to come to my place one day.)
    If any one of them had a problem they could come to the meeting and basically stop any further progress just by saying, "no, i dont want him selling guns".
    So a month later i get to pay a $500 fee for a hearing meeting with the board. 15 minute meeting and i was good to go. None of my neighbors showed up, other than the few that are on the council.
    One member is only about a 1/2 mile away, a full time farmer, asked if I would be making a bunch of noise shooting guns all day.
    I replied no, a few test fires here and there and that i wasn't opening a gun range.
    He responded back with you better not be, we dont need a bunch of noise in the country side.
    I said i agree, we have enough noise from with a local farmer running his corn dryer for 12-14 hours a day for 2 months a year (he was THAT farmer). He didnt ask anymore questions after that.

I received my variance a few weeks later and could move forward.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Schuylkill County)

I think a potential customer would have had better luck filing a lawsuit. Some poor person with no vehicle pointing out the undue burden placed on their constitutional right to legally purchase a firearm. The same arguments used for shooting down voter ID laws could have been used in this case.

(Berks County)

SCOTUS just refused to hear this case so the 9ths ruling stands.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    No more sales/repairs to government agencies.
    I'd love to see it except for Ron Barrett though most of the Gun companies haven't got a hair on their asses!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Chester County)

Since the 9th are federal judges and 80+ percent of their rulings are overturned by SCOTUS. The president should order the military to arrest those judges to be charged for treason for intentionally rendering unconstitutial political judgements, denying justice to the ( of, by and for the people). The proof is in their verdicts.

In the mean time media shit will hit the fan but they are to remain in prison until this is settled or tried. The goal is to get them disbarred, mentally shook-up and scared behind bars. They are to judge by written law and precedence.

The same for sancturary towns, counties or states from govenor to township supervisors.
    Last edited by ideaman; May 16th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

^^^^ Too bad, but there is precedent regarding "treason", it must be committed by giving aid to a foreign enemy and it must occur during a period of declared war. Also the Posse Comitatus Act forbids using US Military forces for law enforcement. Far better to follow the Constitution and have Congress reconfigure or eliminate the 9th Circuit all together.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    It's a zoning issue, nothing more. True, it is a highly-restrictive zoning application, but it's not the end of the world.

The court did not say, "There is no constitutional right to sell guns," they said, "There is no constitutional right to sell guns anywhere."

The locale's zoning rules are way off the mark, and are anti-gun and discriminatory, but that's what happens when you have zoning ordinances, not unlike some of the crap that occurs when you have home owners' associations and their rules.
    True that. Yinzburgh long ago drove the gun stores from cshitty limits. There was a time when you had "Guns Unlimited"(??) at the corner of 5th and Liberty in dahntahn yinzburgh. Now its a cell phone store where street freaks hang out at night on the steps. Pretty sure there was another uber gun store up near Shadyside up into the young 80's before they closed.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    we dont need a bunch of noise in the country side.
    I said i agree, we have enough noise from with a local farmer running his corn dryer for 12-14 hours a day for 2 months a year (he was THAT farmer). He didnt ask anymore questions after that.

HAH! I think I would have smacked him down a little more, but that was good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast