Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Bill introduced to ban magazine capacity greater than 10

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    The original Constitution only had people that had "skin in the game", (landowners) voting.
    However it can be reasonably argued that the laws of the land affect everyone in some way... therefore meaning that everyone has "skin in the game". The idea that only landowners voted meant that blacks (slaves), women, poor, migrants, etc. literally had no say in the government that governed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    One could make a very convincing argument that people should earn the right to vote via military service or a civil service equivalent.
    As much as I respect the sacrifice that many make when they enlist in the military, the harsh reality of it is that not everyone in the military is a "hero", as is so de rigueur to say these days (probably in an attempt to overcompensate for how shittily this country treated Vietnam era vets). To many, there really isn't a whole lot of sacrifice per se... most folks in the military do not see combat so it's just a job like any other. They go to work, and Uncle Sam pays them with tax dollars. The opposite is also true... not everyone has a skill set that makes them most productive to society by spending time in the military. The same can be mostly said for civil service occupations. However, in general, I get what you're saying.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    That might work in the Senate with legislators just starting a new term, but I don't know how well that would go over in the House where representatives are accountable every two years to a very small sliver of the population. A representative in Meridian, Mississippi doesn't answer to Massachusetts. He answers to the people in Meridian. The whole rest of the country could be clamoring for X, but if Meridian voters want Y, he's going to have to vote Y or he'll have plenty of explaining to do the next time he's in town. And if this pattern continues or this particular bill was damning enough, then he probably won't be a Congressman for very long. The government could alter polls and claim whatever it likes, but if enough locals talk they're going to realize they're getting strung along.

Maybe I just have too much faith in a system that's been corrupted over the centuries, but I don't see this as being all that easy to carry out. Congress could vote whichever way it wants, but it's going to end up paying the consequences for it.
    That’s a lot of faith. My point is actually just for those that think there is a constant and ongoing conspiracy including mass shootings of citizens. If that’s the case I doubt re-election is a concern and they all have millions coming there way. Joe Schmo from Smalltown USA gets elected and is introduced to the inner sanctum where he can play or made to understand the risk.

I’m at the point where I think it’s bad. That money drives everything that there are cures for diseases and technology that ends fuel crisis and pollution. That many of society ills could easily be reversed. I don’t think it’s so bad that most politicians are part of a larger, world cartel that is pulling our strings like puppets.

I think it’s disgusting the way Republicans would rather become democrats that help Trump get shit done.

Come and get them.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Since they're neither serialized nor registered it's gonna be difficult to determine possession, no?

I think I'm gonna need a whole truckload of pineapples if this $#!% keeps up...
    What occurred in the past was that magazines manufactured after the effective date of the ban were date stamped. Anyone in possession of a stamped magazine that were not excluded from the ban (ex: LEO, military, etc) were in violation.

Obviously such a ban would be futile with respect to the zillions of mags currently out there but who said such bans should be constricted because of practical or realistic considerations much less a modicum of intelligence.
    IANAL

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Since they're neither serialized nor registered it's gonna be difficult to determine possession, no?

I think I'm gonna need a whole truckload of pineapples if this $#!% keeps up...
    The Communist state of NY and the SAFE act requires you PROVE you possessed said magazine before the law.
    Magazine cannot be used loaded off a designated range
    Magazine cannot be transferred or sold

If you cannot prove you had ownership of said magazine before the law then it is considered contraband and you go straight to jail.
    2 years ago a NY National Guard member went to meet an "out of state" buyer to sell some 30rd AR 15 mags he could not prove met grandfather clause for SAFE Act. Poor judgement that he met the buyer (undercover NYSP) at a NY rest area. Should have met in PA where he could have sold them.. well now he sits in jail
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

I have plenty of 30 round ar and ak mags.
    The government may ban them, but I will not turn them in.
    I have the firearms and ammunition to make good use of those magazines.
    The government may ban them, but I will not turn them in.
    I have no patience left, I am disgusted by what the communists, freaks, fat women and girly men have done to this fine country.
    The government can ban all they want, but someday, somewhere, they will have to deal with me to get my shit.
    I make no boasts, no pretentions. I know I will die should that day come. I also know I will not die alone.

Molon Labe
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Yeah it's unfortunate. See this thread. It seems that all of the co-sponsors are democrat. I am keeping on top of the legislation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123