Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Best places to buy ammunition?

Good afternoon, im looking for places that sell ammunition in the Lower Bucks area, Wal Mart and Dicks sporting goods are really the only places around here, sometimes to don't carry my caliber, I usually go to Tanners, but just wondering if there is any other places out there, thanks for any and all advice.

(York County)

Default Re: Best places to buy ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba19056 View Post
    Good afternoon, im looking for places that sell ammunition in the Lower Bucks area, Wal Mart and Dicks sporting goods are really the only places around here, sometimes to don't carry my caliber, I usually go to Tanners, but just wondering if there is any other places out there, thanks for any and all advice.
    In person? Walmart is about as good as any, just need to go there regularly to find what you need as their stock varies wildly.

I won't shop at Dick's for various reason, and rarely/never have found good deals there anyway.

BassPro often has good deals on common ammo (e.g. 9mm or .223) if you subscribe to their email and watch carefully. Ditto for Cabela's - regular price is a rip unless you watch for sales/coupons.

I frequently buy online and have found ammograb.com and TargetSportsUSA to be good sources for that.
    DGAF

We are not supposed to buy from dicks or cabelas.
    Dicks, well everyone knows, cabelas for not selling bump stocks.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    We are not supposed to buy from dicks or cabelas.
    Dicks, well everyone knows, cabelas for not selling bump stocks.
    I got SO many reasons not to buy from Dick's that their lack of 2A support is really the least of it. Lousy selection, lousy customer service, lousy pricing... It's a case-study in "why to not buy from us"

More problematically, is there a difference between Cabela's and Bass Pro these days?

I've long found good ammo deals for Bass Pro. But with the 'merger' is that moot? FWIW, I myself would say "don't buy from Cabela's" at least in-store, due to absolutely intolerable customer service.

Online??? Not so sure. Never had a problem there.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I got SO many reasons not to buy from Dick's that their lack of 2A support is really the least of it. Lousy selection, lousy customer service, lousy pricing... It's a case-study in "why to not buy from us"

More problematically, is there a difference between Cabela's and Bass Pro these days?

I've long found good ammo deals for Bass Pro. But with the 'merger' is that moot? FWIW, I myself would say "don't buy from Cabela's" at least in-store, due to absolutely intolerable customer service.

Online??? Not so sure. Never had a problem there.
    Ive only been to a cabelas once, now that they going PC, I highly doubt I will spend my money
    on them, even online. I use ammoman.com Anything over 100bucks is free shipping.
    Once in awhile they have great deals, you just have to have the money when they do

(Bucks County)

I don't Buy from Dick's sporting goods, that was just one place that sold ammo in my area, I like to shop at mom and pop shops, but they are few and far between anymore....I was going to start looking online, if you have recommendations for online stores, I appreciate it!

(Beaver County)

If your shopping online/ordering ammo give my buddy a shout over at Masterammo.com.

He is one of the ammo remanufactures that uses the coated cast bullets I make. Owners name is Sam. Good guy to deal with.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

What calibers are you buying? I use Wal-Mart or online or just one of the gun shows.

Mike's on the parkway is the only local gun shop. I live moments away but would rather drive to Tanners for selection and pricing. I don't buy ammo there though so I can't say how that compares.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    What calibers are you buying? I use Wal-Mart or online or just one of the gun shows.

Mike's on the parkway is the only local gun shop. I live moments away but would rather drive to Tanners for selection and pricing. I don't buy ammo there though so I can't say how that compares.

-Zach
    Zach, I'm looking for 40 caliber and 35 Remington.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba19056 View Post
    Zach, I'm looking for 40 caliber and 35 Remington.
    Wal-Mart for the 40 (unless you are seeking something specific) and order the rest. Even after shipping, the prices are still better.

I used to also go to surplus city a bunch just barely into Philadelphia across from feasterville. Wasn't real impressed last time I was there.

And g&g used to be fun, but they keep moving. Haven't been in there in a while. Had decent used prices on some stuff buy ammo not so much.

-Zach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast