Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default PennDOT Driver's License Center - Indiana County

Went down there yesterday to get my new license (the old one was expiring). I noticed, on the way out, that there was a faded, one-color Gunbuster decal on the door. This particular PennDOT Driver's License Center is located inside the Indiana Mall (no exterior entrance), and, if you bother the read the mall's long list of rules, firearms are not permitted. So, no letter to PennDOT asking where their lawful authority is for such a sign on their door since the corridor leading to their entrance is already supposedly a gun-free zone.

I had my shirt draped over my handgun and wasn't overly concerned, not that there was anyone there to enforce such a prohibition. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays are photo license renewals only (which was why I only had one person in front of me), and they had two ladies handling the camera computer gizmo.

Yes, I gave the deer caught in headlights look for the license's picture. I figured that's how I'd look if ever I had to hand over the license.

Got the old license back as a souvenir. I'll cherish it forever, maybe.

(Venango County)

Default Re: PennDOT Driver's License Center - Indiana County

IANAL. It would seem to me, however, that if the mall is getting state money to lease / host a state entity that the public has access to; then they should be required to allow the public to carry to / from said state facility as it is allowed by law. Otherwise, it becomes a de facto infringement. If allowed to stand, then all state facilities will move to private leases that don't allow carry or possession on their grounds. Another possibility would require the state to have an outside access to by-pass a mall entrance.

Just IMHO; it shouldn't be allowed to stand once challenged.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

That mall needs any patronage it can get without being discriminatory.

Statkowski, I'm telling you we're bound to run into each other one of these days. I was in Strongstown yesterday afternoon for a chiro appointment and came back through Indiana. These days, I OC as much as CC - all depends on where I'm going, so you're likely to see me with a FDE Glock 32. If you do, say hello.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Indiana County)

Kittanning to Strongstown for a chiro appointment? That's a wee bit of a distance.

Rarely do I see anyone OCing in Indiana, the few times a month I go there. I'll be visiting the VA Clinic there next week, and the week after, but my sidearm will be locked in the Jeep in the public parking lot inside a gun safe (not that one's really needed in Indiana).

I was at the checkout line at the Indiana Wally World and made some other veteran's day - I recognized the 173rd Airborne Brigade patch on his baseball cap. His face really lit up when I told him I had worked with Delta Company, 16th Armor. Geez, that was many, many moons ago.

(Jefferson County)

Strongstown has a place for chiro?

I work that area and all I've ever seen is the gas station west of 403, the Amish general store, and the relatively new Dollar General.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Kittanning to Strongstown for a chiro appointment? That's a wee bit of a distance.

Rarely do I see anyone OCing in Indiana, the few times a month I go there. I'll be visiting the VA Clinic there next week, and the week after, but my sidearm will be locked in the Jeep in the public parking lot inside a gun safe (not that one's really needed in Indiana).

I was at the checkout line at the Indiana Wally World and made some other veteran's day - I recognized the 173rd Airborne Brigade patch on his baseball cap. His face really lit up when I told him I had worked with Delta Company, 16th Armor. Geez, that was many, many moons ago.
    He's really good, Dr. Conway. Uses an activator versus hard-cracking. Very important when I cracked my ribs back in February. Kinda delicate operation.

Oh, and he only charges $25 per visit. Everybody around here is brutal. Nearly wrecked my wife's back. Was referred to Conway by my Dad who lives a whole lot closer to Strongstown.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Strongstown has a place for chiro?

I work that area and all I've ever seen is the gas station west of 403, the Amish general store, and the relatively new Dollar General.
    It's about 2 doors left of Dollar General and diagonal from the Amish store. I think his wife operates a daycare because there's a ton of play toys in the back yard.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer