For us that have been lucky enough to be around for 50 yrs. or longer, who has what they believe to be close friend, friends? Someone you've known for long time, 10,20,30 years or longer. You trust completely, know their secrets, they know yours. You can depend on them, loyal to a fault, you can tell them what they need to hear and not what they want to hear and not be angry and vice versa. You've heard the expression, they're more like brothers or like sisters than friends. My wife has 3, different" levels" of best friends. The mother of one of them died yesterday, hospice was involved and she died at home, she lived with her daughter, my wifes friend. My wife and this friend been friends since they were 6-7 yrs old now both 62. They live couple hundred feet from us, so my wife has been walking there for weeks, on a daily basis. This friend is one of those close, best friends of the 3 for sure. Anyone have one of these friends, i had one he died few years back. However don't think as close of friends as my wifes friendship. Maybe male and female friendships just different. Sorry for droning on and on, just curious.