Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default SecureIT Gun Storage

I've been looking for an additional Gun Safe and have been looking at a lot of online videos. It seems like most "Gun Safes" are really Residential Security Containers and can't prevent a serious intruder from breaking into the safe. Also the Fire Protection ratings seem questionable.
    I've seen on line a "new to me" steel gun cabinet called the SecureIt Agile Model 52. The site is secureitgunstorage.com.
    Does anyone have this container or know of anyone that does?
    What do you think of this storage cabinet?
    Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: SecureIT Gun Storage

While I don't have that particular model, I can attest to the fact that through all the research I've done, the only real advantage to the "traditional" gun safes are that they weigh a ton and can't just be picked up and moved. However, if you bolt a steel cabinet down, it's nearly the same thing. Otherwise, the general difference in construction is a bunch of drywall and carpet. The steel is similar and can be cut through just as easily. The doors are obviously different, but with some time and a sawzall, going through the side wall of a traditional gun safe is not really that much more difficult than the cabinet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1991 View Post
    I've been looking for an additional Gun Safe and have been looking at a lot of online videos. It seems like most "Gun Safes" are really Residential Security Containers and can't prevent a serious intruder from breaking into the safe. Also the Fire Protection ratings seem questionable.
    I've seen on line a "new to me" steel gun cabinet called the SecureIt Agile Model 52. The site is secureitgunstorage.com.
    Does anyone have this container or know of anyone that does?
    What do you think of this storage cabinet?
    Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
    I got one a few months back and I love it. It's a big departure from the classical approach of having the biggest, heaviest block of steel your joists can manage. It came flat-packed, was easy to get the parts up stairs on my own and construction was a breeze. I have it bolted into the joists and studs. It ain't going anywhere. There's no fire rating claim as it's just a steel box, but the good news is it can breath because the back is louvered to support the racking kit.

The 'cradle-grid' system it comes with is great too as it can be adjusted to fit each long-gun. I've added magnets to the door that hold each of my pistols. I have one of those mechanic's magnet tool holding bars that I'm going to add to the door to hold mags. Door mounting is easy as you can remove the back of the door and drill anywhere you need. It's deep enough that pistols won't hit the long guns. I'll throw up a few pics later if you're interested.

(Bucks County)

I've been looking at this cabinet too !
    Just seams like a lot of money for a 100 lb steel cabinet ! lol
    I do like how well it organizes stuff ....
    Jeff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jebster View Post
    I've been looking at this cabinet too !
    Just seams like a lot of money for a 100 lb steel cabinet ! lol
    I do like how well it organizes stuff ....
    Jeff
    This was my thought as well, although I only watched the assembly video, I've never seen one in person. The fact that it only holds 6 guns for the price of $500 will probably keep me away for now. I do like that it has ventilation, and the storage mechanisms seem nice.

The guy kept calling the nuts, bolts. At one point he called them screws.

(Adams County)

After reading your comments and thinking about it for a while longer, I finally ordered the Gun Storage unit and the accessory package of shelves and bins. The website offers a 10% discount for Military (Active and Retired) and LEO. I'll let you know how I like it once I receive it and get it set up.

(Lancaster County)

Maybe I missed it but what gauge steel is it? Looks pretty susceptible to a guy with a fire axe
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Maybe I missed it but what gauge steel is it? Looks pretty susceptible to a guy with a fire axe
    I think he said 14.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    I think he said 14.
    Wow, thats mighty thin.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigred00 View Post
    I got one a few months back and I love it. It's a big departure from the classical approach of having the biggest, heaviest block of steel your joists can manage. It came flat-packed, was easy to get the parts up stairs on my own and construction was a breeze. I have it bolted into the joists and studs. It ain't going anywhere. There's no fire rating claim as it's just a steel box, but the good news is it can breath because the back is louvered to support the racking kit.

The 'cradle-grid' system it comes with is great too as it can be adjusted to fit each long-gun. I've added magnets to the door that hold each of my pistols. I have one of those mechanic's magnet tool holding bars that I'm going to add to the door to hold mags. Door mounting is easy as you can remove the back of the door and drill anywhere you need. It's deep enough that pistols won't hit the long guns. I'll throw up a few pics later if you're interested.
    Bigred, be careful with those magnets, Ive seen lots of stuff rust where the magnet contacts the tool, gun , whatever steel is stuck to them for any length of time, if any moisture or humidity is present you'll probably get rust on some things under the magnet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast