Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: SecureIT Gun Storage

Whole thing weighs 105 lbs. I think the theory is, most gun safes can be breached with a crowbar anyway, and offer very little fire protection. So it might as well be light and well organized. But it's 5/16" nuts, so what size stud is that? Gotta be smaller than 1/4-20. I'm thinking a few good kicks will crush it, and quite possibly snap the studs.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Whole thing weighs 105 lbs. I think the theory is, most gun safes can be breached with a crowbar anyway, and offer very little fire protection. So it might as well be light and well organized. But it's 5/16" nuts, so what size stud is that? Gotta be smaller than 1/4-20. I'm thinking a few good kicks will crush it, and quite possibly snap the studs.
    If you can tip over a gun safe, yea they are pretty weak to crowbar attack.

That is why you bolt em to the floor and build closet around the week sides.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    If you can tip over a gun safe, yea they are pretty weak to crowbar attack.

That is why you bolt em to the floor and build closet around the week sides.
    This Snapsafe has been on my wish list for a few years. Because it can be assembled inside a closet. And then be too large to be pulled out through the closet's door.
    https://www.snapsafe.com/modular-safes/super-titan
    --ET

(Philadelphia County)

I recently got a job site steel box in lieu of a safe. I was more concerned about theft and water damage versus fire. I used to own a cheap sentry safe, this box seems sturdier but lacks the fireproofing and carpeted interior. I really like the horizontal layout. It is 16 gauge steel so it is the same as the safe I had but it cost me less than half of what i paid for the safe with the same storage space.

I'm no expert but from what I can tell it would be very had to pry this bad boy open with a crowbar and the recessions for the locks makes it a lot harder to break those. Like others have said you have to weigh it down but i am not lacking in heavy shit so that wan't a problem

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1991 View Post
    After reading your comments and thinking about it for a while longer, I finally ordered the Gun Storage unit and the accessory package of shelves and bins. The website offers a 10% discount for Military (Active and Retired) and LEO. I'll let you know how I like it once I receive it and get it set up.
    Please do .... i'm right on the fence ! Jeff

(Bucks County)

When you think about it , if someone wants your stuff and has enough time to get it .... they WILL ! lol
    My Dad ( of all people ) suggested a security camera linked to my phone so that when someone triggers the alarm I can see them and call 911 , limiting their TIME to steal my stuff.
    This along with a good security cabinet may be the answer !!!!!
    Thoughts ?
    Jeff

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jebster View Post
    When you think about it , if someone wants your stuff and has enough time to get it .... they WILL ! lol
    My Dad ( of all people ) suggested a security camera linked to my phone so that when someone triggers the alarm I can see them and call 911 , limiting their TIME to steal my stuff.
    This along with a good security cabinet may be the answer !!!!!
    Thoughts ?
    Jeff
    Unless you buy a proper TL30 safe, which only gets you a half hour of protection from dedicate thieves, anything is just a speed bump for a thief.

Do they best you can to isolate the weak sides of the safe, and bolt it down securely so it can't be tipped. Odds are you will best any smash & grab type burgler. A dedicated thief with all the time in the world will break into your safe, only a matter of time.

Dogs, security cameras and layered defense around your house is always a good idea. Friendly neighbors who know who should not be at your house is helpful too. Biggest thing for me is just minimizing who you tell about your collection.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Allegheny County)

With a angle grinder and some wafer wheels I can get into just about any steel box. Fast. Dogs, security system and a locked box is the best bet.

(Adams County)

I received my SeureIT storage unit on friday and put it together in less than 30 minutes. After securing it to the floor and a wall it will not be easy to move. The Cradle Grid mounts are great. It really makes access to my 6 long guns easy. I have optics on 2 of my guns. I also have 3 large storage bins, 1 small and 1 shelf inside the unit. I have one pistol and magazines, magazines for 3 different calibers of long guns and 2 additional scopes in a storage bin and on the shelf. This opens up space in my traditional gun safe for 2 more shelves for more pistol storage. I am very glad I ordered this unit and will probably buy another when I buy more rifles.

(Adams County)

Just a heads up. SecureIt has the Agile 52 Gun Cabinet on sale for Black Friday. Instead of $599 it is on sale for $449. If you're considering buying one now seems like a good time. I'm wondering if I need to buy another one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast