Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Democrats Introduce Bills to Ban Online Ammo Sales / Magazine Ban / Stricter Repo

H.R.4052

I am not a lawyer.

Default Re: Democrats Introduce Bills to Ban Online Ammo Sales / Magazine Ban / Stricter Repo

H.R.4025

I am not a lawyer.

Please note that there are now more republican turncoats that have signed on to co-sponsor this legislation. I will be keeping an eye on these bills and continue to update the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Please note that there are now more republican turncoats that have signed on to co-sponsor this legislation. I will be keeping an eye on these bills and continue to update the thread.
    If my math and general governmental knowledge is correct, there are 435 members of the House. That makes 218 votes a majority, which is needed to pass (assuming that HR 3999 gets out of committee). The current make up of the House is 241 Republicans and 194 Democrats. If we are to assume that all Dems will vote in favor of this bill along with all Republican co-sponsors (currently at 12), that means we would be looking at 206 votes already. They only need 12 more RINOs to flip, and this is a done deal in the House. Considering the waffling nature of the RINOs in the Senate, I would be EXTREMELY concerned if it gets to that chamber for a vote. The fact that this was introduced by a Republican and the NRA made that asinine statement of theirs and Trump seems to be blowing in the wind... I think this situation is becoming more and more dire by the day.

TIME TO GET WRITING AND CALLING, PEOPLE. Contact ALL the Republicans that you can... keep in mind that many will not accept contact / correspondence from non-constituents sources. If there are Blue Dog Dems that have even a slightly moderate or pro-gun voting record, contact them too. And if you are feeling like getting a good laugh from the response, make sure you contact the anti-gun Dems about your position on the issue and remind them that you vote.

What is happening now is the exact thing that happens when people get complacent... thinking that it's smooth sailing for 4 years... thinking like we can count on these POLITICIANS to keep their word.

I am updating this thread because we have more republican turncoats in the house. I cannot identify the bill number because 'the hill', my source- conceals that information. The bill they are co-sponsored on would put bump stocks on the NFA. The legislation was put forth TODAY, probably why I cannot find a bill number.

Source

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    I am updating this thread because we have more republican turncoats in the house. I cannot identify the bill number because 'the hill', my source- conceals that information. The bill they are co-sponsored on would put bump stocks on the NFA. The legislation was put forth TODAY, probably why I cannot find a bill number.

Source
    Being put forth not withstanding, such a vote, even if it gets through committee, would not occur until next year, an election year. Depending on the pressure placed on these hacks by gun owners, the proposal can be placed on some back burner. The republican stooges that co sponsored should realize that democrats are not going to vote for them in Nov. 18 even if such legislation is passed.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    A laundry list of gun laws that in the end no one will agree upon. Some say too restrictive others say not restrictive enough. And the pro gun politicians will "poison" the water by adding national carry legislation to the anti laws, just as sure the antis have poisoned pro gun legislation over the years. The Las Vegas tragedy has become an incident where due to limiting information shared with the public on the event, people have less trust in the government than ever before. This distrust will make any legislation regarding draconian and unenforceable gun laws even less likely. 60 yes votes in the Senate for a large number of anti gun versions than one could imagine, along with getting a house version passed by both chambers.... Slow and difficult process. Whatever the case, it is obvious that any proposed legislation will go far beyond bump fire devices and there in lies the problems for the antis.
    Gun control legislation will go nowhere as usual. If the Democrats succeeded they would have no other issues to run on. It's all virtue signalling.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
    Gun control legislation will go nowhere as usual. If the Democrats succeeded they would have no other issues to run on. It's all virtue signalling.
    And now with all of the sexual misconduct investigations raining down on the politicians along with allegations of corruption, the hacks are worrying about their own future and lawyering up to deny anything they ever did.

The democrat control of the house and or senate has been upended each time anti gun ownership laws were passed or came close to passing. It has been poison topic since the 1968 Gun Control Act which was one of the factors that cost democrats the white house that same year. It also cost Sen. Joe Clark of Pa. his senate seat. The Clinton AWB cost Harris Wofford, also of Pa., his senate seat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123