Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Democrats Introduce Bills to Ban Online Ammo Sales / Magazine Ban / Stricter Repo

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    That's very true.

30 round magazines are for killing agents of tyranny and criminals.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This.

(Fayette County)

Lightbulb Re: Democrats Introduce Bills to Ban Online Ammo Sales / Magazine Ban / Stricter Repo

As if cold-blooded murderers will heed gun, ammunition, gun accessory, or magazine restrictions.

No wonder Congress has a lower approval rating than almost anyone else around -- save for the media.

None of this proposed legislation would prevent an evil person bent on murder from murdering innocents.
    Last edited by Spirit of 76; October 13th, 2017 at 07:58 PM.

Default Re: Democrats Introduce Bills to Ban Online Ammo Sales / Magazine Ban / Stricter Repo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    As if cold-blooded murderers will heed gun, ammunition, gun accessory, or magazine restrictions.

No wonder Congress has a lower approval rating than almost anyone else around -- save for the media.

None of this proposed legislation would prevent an evil person bent on murder from murdering innocents.
    It doesn't have to. No gun laws are based on logic. They are all based on emotion... it's why they try to hammer them through when the general public is scared or in mourning after a tragedy.

All anti-gun legislation boil down to one very simple thing... it's designed to punish the many for the crimes of the few just to make the sheep irrationally and incorrectly feel more safe.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalreload View Post
    In general, I agree with you... and hope that that is the outcome... nothing.

However, the idea that there is "limited information shared with the public" on the LV shooting here and now as of only a week and half into the investigation (an investigation that demonstrates the difficulty of various people to even get their stories aligned), is premature. Quite frankly, I'm of the belief that the Feds or the LVMPD or the NHP or whomever is involved should focus on figuring out what happened instead of being overly concerned about what is or is not told to the general public. If this had been a homicide where one guy killed one guy in a hotel, there would be next to zero information released to the public at this point. Just because this is a much higher profile case doesn't mean that we are all entitled to some exclusive step-by-step information about the way the investigation is proceeding.

You say that limited information shared with the public leads to less trust in the government... I would suggest that a lack of trust in the government leads to a dissatisfaction with the level of information released. And that dissatisfaction would be there if they release no info or a little bit of info or a medium amount of info... and if ALL the info was released, then the people with distrust for the government would just suggest that it was fabricated and not real or a false flag or whatever. At the end of the day, there is no level of publicly available information that will be satisfactory to everyone... not a day later, not a week and half later, and not a year later.
    I understand that investigations take time and it's inappropriate to reveal/leak key parts of the investigation while it is still on-going, but even thinking about passing new gun laws/restrictions while threatening confiscations without any apparent confirmation of the official story seems nuts.....

Missing Video Evidence.jpg
    - bamboomaster

Thanks for sharing the Bill #'s

(Mifflin County)

Tip of the day , anything you are short on, get it now

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    I understand that investigations take time and it's inappropriate to reveal/leak key parts of the investigation while it is still on-going, but even thinking about passing new gun laws/restrictions while threatening confiscations without any apparent confirmation of the official story seems nuts.....

Missing Video Evidence.jpg
    Every. Single. Thread. WTF.

If a conspiracy theory falls in the woods and no one was around to hear it...

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    (If this is a duplicate thread please lock and delete. Thanks.)

via Guns.com
    SOURCE: http://www.guns.com/2017/10/13/house...ales-ban-mags/

Bills of Interest:
    HR 3999
    HR 3962
    HR 4025
    HR 4052

TEXT
    HR 3962
    HR 4025
    HR 4052 [TEXT PENDING AS OF 10/13/2017]

Call your representatives, contact co-sponsors, contact sponsors and tell them no. If they want mine they can come and get them.
    Rep denied. Please someone get him for me! Then call your Rep and Senators again!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Rep denied. Please someone get him for me! Then call your Rep and Senators again!
    I got him for you.
    Lots of threads already out there to discuss conspiracy theories.
    This is about engaging in the political process and preventing bad laws from materializing.
    Lets stay focused and get it done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

A couple quick summary videos about these bills from Guns and Gadgets.

H.R.3962

I am not a lawyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast