Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bill (H.R.3999) to Effectively Ban Most Semi auto Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    He's talking about how the NRA wanted to punt the bumpfire decision straight to the atf (to bypass congressional legislation like this) because they wouldn't have much choice but to reaffirm their decision since full auto is clearly defined as one trigger pull = firing of more than one round. It's kinda 4d chess but plausible. The atf has full auto clearly defined and doesn't leave them much of a grey area to say bumpfire is full auto. Jaeger is basically saying I told you so.

Also for the lazy, goto popvox and make an account if you don't and vote NO on this bill, it'll auto generate your email comment to your local congresssmen. https://www.popvox.com/us/federal/bills/115/hr3999

Also we should be calling them at this point to really hammer our stance home.
    Very astute thinking on your part. We are in the middle of a serious battle against anti 2A thinking and fearmongering we should know what we are up against and what action to take.

(Bucks County)

I heard Li'l Wayne on several interviews say that the ATF needed to "do it's job" regarding bumpfire stocks.

I thought that they already had.

(Fayette County)

Im sure Im not the only one who'll say this, but if semi-automatics and "high" capacity mags are banned, I will not comply.
    And yes, I know this is a public forum.
    I dont care.
    Its non negotiable.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    He's talking about how the NRA wanted to punt the bumpfire decision straight to the atf (to bypass congressional legislation like this) because they wouldn't have much choice but to reaffirm their decision since full auto is clearly defined as one trigger pull = firing of more than one round. It's kinda 4d chess but plausible. The atf has full auto clearly defined and doesn't leave them much of a grey area to say bumpfire is full auto. Jaeger is basically saying I told you so.

Also for the lazy, goto popvox and make an account if you don't and vote NO on this bill, it'll auto generate your email comment to your local congresssmen. https://www.popvox.com/us/federal/bills/115/hr3999

Also we should be calling them at this point to really hammer our stance home.
    You can't demonize the items and say that they should be "subject to additional regulation" and even go so far as to essentially say "Hey, Obama should have taken care of these evil, scary things"... then try to pretend like you're the good guy. There is no way that people can spin this to where what the NRA said was a good thing. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Get ready, the fight is on. The bill is deliberately poorly worded so the ATF can have a field day making up stuff.
    Exactly.
    You can drive a train through the holes in the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalreload View Post
    You can't demonize the items and say that they should be "subject to additional regulation" and even go so far as to essentially say "Hey, Obama should have taken care of these evil, scary things"... then try to pretend like you're the good guy. There is no way that people can spin this to where what the NRA said was a good thing. No way.
    I don't agree with what I posted. Just the viewpoint of the 4d chess believers of the NRA.

Ok, so I suck at reading tea leaves. How much of a chance does the collective think this bill has of getting passed and signed into law?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Ok, so I suck at reading tea leaves. How much of a chance does the collective think this bill has of getting passed and signed into law?
    No chance if we keep pressuring them. Email them your thoughts and make sure you call!

(Lehigh County)

Signed up on popvox and OPPOSED!!!!

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    FWIW, when Trump first said he was going to run for POTUS, everyone thought it was a joke and that it would never happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast