Dear Neighbor,

The tragedy in Las Vegas and countless other mass shootings has triggered another conversation about gun safety legislation. Let me first make it clear, I have always supported meaningful gun safety legislation within Pennsylvania and around our nation. Today, I wanted to share with you specifically some of the legislative initiatives I support that respect the Second Amendment rights for all and further promote sensible gun safety.

I am a co-sponsor of House Bill 1400, first introduced several years ago but now with bipartisan support, this bill calls for a universal background check. Currently our Crimes Code designates this only apply to short-barreled firearms but this bill would mandate the purchase or transfer of any firearm require a background check. Our goal is to ensure all individuals attempting to obtain a firearm are legally authorized to do so.

Also, the PASAFE Caucus recently announced they will introduce legislation to update the state’s definition of “offensive weapons” to include firearm modifications that assist in rapid firing, like the ones used in the Las Vegas shooting. As a co-sponsor, my goal is to act and put forth a measure that will ban weapons that have no place in our local communities.

I will continue to advocate, sponsor, co-sponsor and provide my voting support to any gun legislation that will keep our citizens safe.

Sincerely,
Rep. John Galloway (D-District 140, Bucks county

My reply:

My car has never run down anyone. My penis has never raped anyone. When I had a pilot's license, I never flew an aircraft into a building full of people. My guns have never shot anyone or even endangered anyone.

Your gun legislations only affect me and people like me...and therein lies the proof of your cowardice. A typical Democrat, you regulate those you can...the honest law-abiding, knowing damned well it has no effect on criminals who ignore law, to "look like you are doing something".

Surprised legislators have said that they had never heard of bump-fire stocks. That fact fully supports that they have not been a criminal problem, but that simple logic escapes you.

Keep focusing on the instrument employed when it serves your personal purposes. As more and more motor vehicles are used as mass murdering weapons, what will you do about motor vehicles?