Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Extreme Events and the Classifieds

Whenever there are events like Sandy Hook and most recently Las Vegas and talk of bans coming from the government there are members here that will try to capitalize on that. This is not against the rules of the forum, but what is against the rules is commenting upon those classified ads. This rule is still in effect:

Price Commentary (10 points, Expires in 1 month)
    If you think a seller is asking too much for an item, don't look at it, someone else might think it's a great deal. The market will take care of everything, just as it has for thousands of years.

Note: Posting replies is now completely disabled in the Classifieds system (except for feedback and group buy sections.) However, these rules are still in force in the event that someone re-posts a members classifieds add for the purpose of circumventing the posting restriction. So do not comment on peoples ads by re-posting them in another section of the board, or by using the rep system.
    Price commentary isn't allowed in the public forum, in private messages, nor in the post reputation system. If you don't like the price listed don't buy it. This is your only warning, any future classified commentary in the post reputation system will be given infractions.

Anyone that has received negative rep for a classified ad in regards to prices (this will include blank negative rep given), contact the staff to have it resolved, do not retaliate via PM or Post Rep.

Thank you.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Extreme Events and the Classifieds

This is a reminder to all users to read and adhere to the post above. Infractions will be given to anyone that chooses not to.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    This is a reminder to all users to read and adhere to the post above. Infractions will be given to anyone that chooses not to.
    What kind of infractions? Can we start another thread in the Lounge to talk about the new members joining just to put up ads for ammo at exhorbitant prices?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    What kind of infractions? Can we start another thread in the Lounge to talk about the new members joining just to put up ads for a brick of Thunderbolts at $100?
    10 points, which is a day off..

This posting is primarily aimed at those who neg-rep folks for prices that they don't like.

No discussing prices, period. Pretty much anything that happens in the Classifieds, stays in the Classifieds. The only exceptions are reporting fraudulent activities, reporting illegal items/activities, or giving feedback.

Now, persons who are trying to strike a deal between each other are allowed to barter back and forth between themselves. That is an expectation of a private transaction.

And as a side matter, it is also asinine of folks to neg-rep new members for starting an ad or thread in the wrong location. Just report the ad/thread as being placed in the wrong section.

Abuse of the neg-rep system will result in the loss of that tool, and have administrative docking of earned reputation points. I may dock a person the same number of rep points that an abusive neg-rep cost the other person, I may knock off a digit, I may wipe a person to 0, or I may put you so far in the the negative that a black hole may form around your account, causing it to be deleted.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    What kind of infractions? Can we start another thread in the Lounge to talk about the new members joining just to put up ads for ammo at exhorbitant prices?
    What part of "Price Commentary" isn't clear?

(Bucks County)

Can we neg rep for "no shows" , after a meeting was arranged, and agreed upon?

(Allegheny County)

Are we talking "No generalized talking about outrageous prices", or "No discussion of a specific ad?"

The second one is how it had always been here.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Are we talking "No generalized talking about outrageous prices", or "No discussion of a specific ad?"

The second one is how it had always been here.
    No specific ad, if the discussion turns into something that's easily identifiable the hammer comes out. For the most part I'm bumping this warning because now that prices are high again people are again using the Rep system to engage in idiocy.

(Allegheny County)

Some things never change.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Can we neg rep for "no shows" , after a meeting was arranged, and agreed upon?
    Absolutely yes. Doing a no-show is a dick move.

Neg reps for other fraudulent stuff is okay too. Or neg reps for non-classified posts where the poster is being an ass or posted bad info is also okay.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast