Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Ten Republicans Sign On to House Bump Fire Stock Ban Bill 3 from PA

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...tock-ban-bill/

Everyone’s favorite anti-gun Senator, Diane Feinstein wasted no time in introducing a bump fire stock ban in the Senate last week. Now a similar bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives. Like DiFi’s bill, the House version would also outlaw not only the manufacture and sleeve bump fire stocks, but also possession of one.

That would mean that, should the bills pass and be signed into law, the tens of thousands of stocks already owned by law abiding gun owners would become contraband.

Unlike the Senate bill, the House bill was introduced by a Republican, Florida Rep. Carlos Curbelo. And this bill has the support of nine other GOP representatives. Here’s a list for your information and edification:

Peter King (N.Y.)
    Leonard Lance (N.J.)
    Patrick Meehan (Pa.)
    Ed Royce (Calif.)
    Chris Smith (N.J.)
    Erik Paulsen (Minn.)
    Ryan Costello (Pa.)
    Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.)
    Charlie Dent (Pa.)
    Being that I just moved to PA about a month ago, I'll have to look and see if any of them are my Rep.

Dent might be he's from the Allentown area, right?

Default Re: Ten Republicans Sign On to House Bump Fire Stock Ban Bill 3 from PA

I have a dem rep, shocking I know. Good time to write them and let them know to vote NO on any more gun control.

(Delaware County)

Meehan is just about a Philadelphia demorat.

Time to fire up the old e-mail machine and let these three d-bags know how we feel.

(Tioga County)

Tommy Boy Wolf wants them banned in PA also.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEAHS View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...tock-ban-bill/
    Being that I just moved to PA about a month ago, I'll have to look and see if any of them are my Rep.
    Dent might be he's from the Allentown area, right?
    You can find your government representatives at the Gun Owners of America (GOA) 'Take Action' page here: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/
    Scroll down and you will see the 'Find Your Elected Officials' search box on the right hand side of the page.
    The search box will find your State and Federal elected officials.

If you just moved to PA, please register to vote right now, the deadline is at midnight tonight, in 30 minutes.
    You can register to vote online by following the link on this page here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=326618
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Here's what I sent to Ryan Costello. Feel free to use any or all of it with your representatives if you agree.

As a supposedly conservative Republican, you should stand against Democratic initiatives to ban firearms or accessories such as bump stocks. Bill Clinton lost the election in part because of his anti-gun positions. No additional gun laws will do anything significant to stop evil people from carrying out evil acts. New laws will only deprive law-abiding citizens of their rights. While fifty-some people tragically lost their lives to the Vegas evil, an equal number of lives is lost violently in Chicago every 40 or 50 days. Where is the Democratic outrage at this? When bump stock bans don't solve the problem, what's next? Magazine bans? So-called assault weapon bans?? Didn't we try that before? Aren't violent crimes down much farther now than they were in the Democrat controlled gun ban years? So what NEW outcome should we reasonably expect from similar laws??

Please be aware any incumbent Republicans who support additional gun control measures or who do not support President Trump's agenda will be voted out of both the primary and general elections. If Democrats get elected instead of incumbent Republicans, so be it. Better the enemy we know than the supposed conservative Republican who turns his back on us once elected in order to pander to a few moderate-left leaning votes.

Those of us who voted Trump are angry that establishment Republicans are thwarting Trump at every turn. We are not deceived by establishment rhetoric! We will side with Bannon to remake the Republican party as it should be! I suspect many incumbent Republicans will not be re-elected if they do not take our views into account. Specifically, repeal and replace, tax simplification and reform, drain the swamp, better controls on immigration, etc etc. And these issues require REAL solutions - not the pretend solutions that the Republican establishment came up with previously. We have heard establishment promises for 8 years now, only to see a party, once actually elected, that looks like the Three Stooges trying to fix a plumbing leak. It would be comical if it were not so tragic! Do you think the Democrats would have such problems if they were the majority? Did they have such problems when Obama rammed Obamacare down our throats?? Why can't you get anything meaningful done? Or is it that you don't want to give Trump a win so you will vote against needed reforms just so he doesn't succeed? Has the Republican party forgotten the promises it made to its base? Maybe you forgot but we didn't.

We will not be listening to excuses come election time, and there are many of us who feel this way. We rejected the establishment candidates last election and selected Trump. We will be back to do the same at mid-terms and 2020!
    Last edited by sbmania; October 11th, 2017 at 08:43 AM.

(Bucks County)

Charlie Dent sucks donkey balls.

Thank God he's gone after this term.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

I didn't know that. Best news I've heard all week!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

Unfortunately he's my Rep and listens as well as a Philly Dem (or Senator from our fine Commonwealth).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast