Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default CZ 75 Compact & Remington R51 Gen2

I'm considering either. I do carry from time to time, so the compact format is a plus. If folks have extended shooting experience with either chime in. I hear nothing but good about the CZ, not so much about the R51 since the fiasco of the gen1 guns which ended up giving Remington such a black eye.

(Washington County)

Default Re: CZ 75 Compact & Remington R51 Gen2

This shouldn’t even be a question. CZ all day long.
    Extremely natural feeling in the hands.
    Light weight (given that the 75 compact D “PCR” is an Aluminum frame)
    Higher round count.
    I bought mine new under $500. Well under if I remember.
    I could go on.

The R51 Gen 2 is a POS ton's of QC issues with both the pistols as well as the magazines from day one.

Remington has a huge issue right now with sales due to quality control and they once again fired their upper management and president and are replacing them. If you want one because you want one then fine but I would not consider it a logical option for defensive use.

Any CZ 75 will service you fine in just about any roll from Home defense, Concealed carry, Range, Competition they are just that good. There's just no comparison between the 75 and any new production Remington.

(Bucks County)

Don't know anything about the Remington, but my experience with CZs tells me they're hard to beat.

I have a CZ75B and a P-01. The P-01's specs are quite close to the PCR Compact except it's 2oz heavier and has a single slot rail that may or may not be useful to you. CZ is quite proud that the P-01 had only 7 stoppages in 15,000 rounds of testing for NATO. Like my full size 75, the P-01 has been accurate and 100% reliable over 2k rounds fired to date.

The P-01 fits my hand perfectly, YMMV of course, and the P-01's magazine design eliminates what for me was the one drawback to the 75 . . . the piece of metal that projects forward from the base of the magazine. Depending on hand size and personal preference, that strip on the 75 (and both the PCR and the Compact) may help you or bother you.

Without trusted positive experience/reviews with the Remington, IMO there's no reason not to go with the CZ line.

(Monroe County)

And if the above posts didn't convince you, CZ has many aftermarket options and holsters to choose from. Remington, not so much. for CCW i would imagine a good holster, your prefered night sight format, etc... would be pretty important.

(Clearfield County)

I own the Remington and not the CZ and would tell you without any hesitation to go with the CZ, and I even like the Remington. I bought the R51 as a curiosity (a cheap curiosity) not a defensive piece. If you find one for $200-$250 buy it as a range toy, not for something to seriously use.

(Lehigh County)

I own the CZ PCR which is almost the same gun. Love this gun. Go CZ. You won't regret it

(Delaware County)

I have a PCR. The DA trigger pull is pretty heavy. May not be an issue if you’re accustomed to such triggers or are a competitive weight lifter. If not for a Cajun Gun Works trigger, I would have gotten rid of it.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    I have a PCR. The DA trigger pull is pretty heavy. May not be an issue if you’re accustomed to such triggers or are a competitive weight lifter. If not for a Cajun Gun Works trigger, I would have gotten rid of it.
    Condition 1 that son b*tch.

(Lycoming County)

Has anyone said CZ yet?

Seriously I just wouldn't trust anything from Remington anymore. Especially the r51.

I may be a little jaded twards CZ though. I'm waiting to pick up a 75d compact from FFL here soon. It's being cerakoted as we speak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast