Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: CZ 75 Compact & Remington R51 Gen2

I have the CZ75B and the steel compact version, plus a CZ85B, two CZ82s and the CZ50, so you could assume that I like them. The Compact in my hands out shoots all of them and the weight decreases as you fire the rounds (or could use a 10 round mag). Dave_n

(York County)

First out, I want to apologize about a miscommunication. When someone mentioned the pcr, somehow I got it mixed up with a different gun made by another maker I'd already tried. I referred to it as the cz 75 compact alloy frame. This model is most certainly high on my list of choices for the 75 platform. Really at this point its about working the deal. If I can't get the steel cz 75 compact that I've already looked at locally, I'll order one of the alloy frame ones and knock about 8oz off the weight. In that case I guess I can learn to live with having a decocker instead of a real safety.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    First out, I want to apologize about a miscommunication. When someone mentioned the pcr, somehow I got it mixed up with a different gun made by another maker I'd already tried. I referred to it as the cz 75 compact alloy frame. This model is most certainly high on my list of choices for the 75 platform. Really at this point its about working the deal. If I can't get the steel cz 75 compact that I've already looked at locally, I'll order one of the alloy frame ones and knock about 8oz off the weight. In that case I guess I can learn to live with having a decocker instead of a real safety.
    They are easily switchable from decocker to standard safety. I don't like decockers either.

Buy the CZ, any CZ before the R51. BUT, if you still want the R51, wait until Nov 1st because Remington will be offering a $100 rebate. So you could score an R51 for $175 after mail in rebate. I've got an RM380 on hold at Tanner's right now waiting for me to pick it up next month. Figured another pocket pistol for $150 after rebate, I couldn't pass it up.

(Chester County)

Alright guys, as if there weren't enough input already, here's mine:

1st of all, F*CK the R51. It's a POS that can't get through 1 mag without choking.

I own a CZ P-01, RAMI, SP-01, P-09, P-10c, and a standard 75. You might say I'm a CZ fan...

The SP-01, P-09, and standard 75 are likely too big/heavy to carry all seasons. Rule them out as a primary carry gun. That's not to say I don't love them. They're fantastic!

The P-01, RAMI , and P-10c are all VERY capable guns. Go P-10c if you are used to striker guns. This is new to the market so you may want some really good trigger time behind the gun to really prove it out. All reviews seem very positive and I love mine.

The P-07 is the smaller brother of the P-09. I've shot one (don't own one): it handled well and put holes in paper where I pointed with boring reliability. Mag capacity is nice but mag prices are not. $40 a mag...but the new models share compatibility with the P-10c. Polymer is nice and light and recoil is nothing due to the low bore axis. Big +1 for this guy.

The RAMI is the subcompact in the CZ line. Comes with a flush fit 10-round and an "extended" full grip 14-round mag. The 10-rounder was a bit small for my hands. I added a Springfield XD Pearce pinky extension and it fits like a glove now. It's tight, but I can get all three fingers around. The controls on mine are very stiff without a loaded magazine, especially the slide catch/release. With a loaded mag, it's no trouble. However, this makes practice reloads a bit annoying. It shoots like every other CZ: Perfect. Reliable with my pet 124gr soft loads and Federal HSTs (my normal carry round). Love this thing.

The P-01/PCR/75 Compact, IMHO, are perfect size for all-season carry. Light, handy, feels like a full-size but is compact enough for good concealability. 14-round mags are standard.

I'd recommend either the RAMI, P-07, PCR, and perhaps the P-10c once I get more time at the range with it.
    Last edited by ianb1116; October 12th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(York County)

IanB: I like hitting my target with boring regularity as much as I like reliability in the same way.

Back in the late 80s I was working in a civilian capacity for the criminal justice system and joined the non-uniformed team of the facility I worked for. In those days regulations called for a fixed sight K frame S&W revolver. I bought a recently retired Model 64 stainless and put thousands of rounds of wadcutters through the thing. It was so accurate and simple to use well I eventually grew bored with it and once I moved on in my career put the revolver in the back of my safe for years.

A few years on, I pulled the gun out again since .38s are extremely easy to reload and cheap to shoot. I was amazed just how d*** good the gun is. Shooting 75 years off hand and hitting the gong with 5 of 6 shots, no problem. Failures? Only if I had a bad primer or squib load. Nice handling qualities? Superb. I even grew to love the set of S&W finger groove combat grips that ultimately replaced the Pachmyers it came with.

That's what I want in an auto gun. If the CZ 75 is in that league, I'm in. (Did I mention I already have a bunch of their other products?)

(Centre County)

CZ over the Remington any hour of any day of any week of any year of any decade. If something happens to it (in a bad way) CZ will stand behind their product and take care of it. Remington, I'm not so sure. Remington bought Para Ordnance and immediately sold all the spare parts to SARCO. They will not service any Paras, they want to concentrate on their own line. Maybe they need to concentrate a bit more
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123