Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: CZ 75 Compact & Remington R51 Gen2

Okay, hands down CZ then. There is a used 75 compact (steel frame) at my local watering hole. My only complaint is the weight. It is simply too heavy with fully loaded mags in my opinion.

As a shooting gun I've never really had any doubts. I do like to have my fun range gun to shoot instead of just the sometimes quirky C&R stuff I generally use. Right now I use a J frame .38 or 9mm Kel Tek P-11 as carry guns. I've never had a malfunction with the Kel Tek, but I've never liked it either.

I was hoping to find a nicer compact 9mm for discrete carry. The weight is something I've already mentioned about the CZ. So both are in a local shop. I liked the feel of the R51. It is just the right size for discrete carry. Not too small for my hands, and feels like it would be nice to shoot for pleasure. BUT the QC issues are a big concern, and I'll not fork over nearly $400 for an example to find out it isn't reliable.

Darn, I was hoping folks personal experiences would give me the mojo to get that R51. (The CZ is a forgone conclusion once I can work out a deal.)

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Okay, hands down CZ then. There is a used 75 compact (steel frame) at my local watering hole. My only complaint is the weight. It is simply too heavy with fully loaded mags in my opinion.

As a shooting gun I've never really had any doubts. I do like to have my fun range gun to shoot instead of just the sometimes quirky C&R stuff I generally use. Right now I use a J frame .38 or 9mm Kel Tek P-11 as carry guns. I've never had a malfunction with the Kel Tek, but I've never liked it either.

I was hoping to find a nicer compact 9mm for discrete carry. The weight is something I've already mentioned about the CZ. So both are in a local shop. I liked the feel of the R51. It is just the right size for discrete carry. Not too small for my hands, and feels like it would be nice to shoot for pleasure. BUT the QC issues are a big concern, and I'll not fork over nearly $400 for an example to find out it isn't reliable.

Darn, I was hoping folks personal experiences would give me the mojo to get that R51. (The CZ is a forgone conclusion once I can work out a deal.)
    As someone else pointed out, if the steel frame is to heavy, look at the pcr. It's an alloy frame and substantially lighter. Your not gonna be down around the keltec weight, maybe the j frame, but it'll be a lot closer. There's also the Rami which is even smaller.

Personally I wanted the steel frame, because I don't mind a little heft even in my carry guns.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    As someone else pointed out, if the steel frame is to heavy, look at the pcr. It's an alloy frame and substantially lighter. Your not gonna be down around the keltec weight, maybe the j frame, but it'll be a lot closer. There's also the Rami which is even smaller.

Personally I wanted the steel frame, because I don't mind a little heft even in my carry guns.
    Already been down the PCR route. Handling it left me with an underwelming "meh" feeling. I already have a perfectly reliable "meh" handling Kel Tek. Not going to bite unless it is an upgrade in some way.

I'd go with the CZ 75 alloy frame, except that isn't what is in the offering locally. Perhaps if the current deal doesn't work out I'd order the alloy framed CZ. Not interested in anything else.

(Chester County)

If you like cz and weight is a major consideration then you have to handle a P07. I am not fond of the heavily curved triggers on most of the 75s, so the flatter triggers are what drew me to the P guns. When I got a P09 it became the gun I shoot most accurately at the first range session, and has stayed that way. I like it so much I recently got a P07 too.

(Philadelphia County)

Aren't the P-01 and PCR the only alloy CZs? If you don't like them then maybe you just need to look at other brands.

If you feel the Steel Compact CZ is too heavy for carry (and it is heavy) and you mainly intend it for carry, then maybe it's not an optimal choice.

(Clearfield County)

Already been down the PCR route. Handling it left me with an underwelming "meh" feeling. I already have a perfectly reliable "meh" handling Kel Tek. Not going to bite unless it is an upgrade in some way.

I'd go with the CZ 75 alloy frame, except that isn't what is in the offering locally. Perhaps if the current deal doesn't work out I'd order the alloy framed CZ. Not interested in anything else.
    Would you consider a polymer framed CZ clone?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Aren't the P-01 and PCR the only alloy CZs? If you don't like them then maybe you just need to look at other brands.

If you feel the Steel Compact CZ is too heavy for carry (and it is heavy) and you mainly intend it for carry, then maybe it's not an optimal choice.

The RAMI subcompact has an alloy frame too.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Would you consider a polymer framed CZ clone?
    I was thinking this too. Sar k2p gets pretty good reviews and I've seen them sub $300. Similar size to the 75c.

(Lycoming County)

Well, sounds like maybe your just not a "CZ guy". It's alright, we'll still kinda respect you anyways..... kinda.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I was thinking this too. Sar k2p gets pretty good reviews and I've seen them sub $300. Similar size to the 75c.
    Or the b6p compact

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast