Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for AK

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Looking for AK

Just one thought. What guarantees catastrophic failure waits for 5000 cycles, and will not occur at cycle 202?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Just one thought. What guarantees catastrophic failure waits for 5000 cycles, and will not occur at cycle 202?
    Bolt carriers metal is soft. It takes more than a few rounds to deform it. Not gauranteed to happen at 5000 rounds but it's the idea that it would take more than 5 rounds to deform it....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Is disagree on the c39v2 comment. If you aren't going to put 5,000+ rounds through it, I think the c39v2 is a great option.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    yea they are great right up until they fail catastrophically..... I had one, and half of the locking lug in the receiver sheared off. there are just too many issues with them for me to recommend them. you wouldnt buy and recommend a car that was only good for 20,000 miles before it breaks and potentially hurts/kills you.
    No but I would have no problem recommending a car that lasts 150,000 miles to someone who drives 4,000 miles a year. Your average shooter is NOT going to put anywhere near 5,000 rounds through a rifle.

I owned a V2 for a short period and was happy with it. I think I only put like 500 rounds through it.

I took a rifle class @ valor ridge and there were two individuals rocking v2s.... They both ran fine and that was around 1200 rounds over a span of two days.

Your experiences may vary, but I'm just voicing mine.
    5000 rounds through a rifle is like a new car with a 3k mile warranty, not 150k. And to say 5k is a lifetime of shooting is a pretty broad statement.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    to say 5k is a lifetime of shooting is a pretty broad statement.
    for the AVERAGE shooter, I would say it is probably being generous, for a single rifle. For about every 12-15 people that I know that own a semi-automatic rifle, only one has bought a 1000 round case of ammo before.

mind you, the average shooter is not a member of PAFOA, regularly shoots 3 gun, or has a youtube channel where they torture rifles.

Then again, the average shooter in Berks county might shoot more than the average shooter in Armstrong county... you never know.

(Butler County)

for the AVERAGE shooter, I would say it is probably being generous, for a single rifle. For about every 12-15 people that I know that own a semi-automatic rifle, only one has bought a 1000 round case of ammo before.

mind you, the average shooter is not a member of PAFOA, regularly shoots 3 gun, or has a youtube channel where they torture rifles.

Then again, the average shooter in Berks county might shoot more than the average shooter in Armstrong county... you never know.
    Then again, Armstrong county is the fourth heaviest armed county in the country. (in 2014)

a real AK made from good forged parts will last 50k so to pay the same amount of money for a gun that lasts "at best" 1/10 of that life span and the manufacturer wont admit there is an issue no matter how many pictures/videos/broken guns are sent to them....

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Then again, Armstrong county is the fourth heaviest armed county in the country. (in 2014)
    Statistics are a mother fucker.

Switch that from guns per capita to total amount of guns and watch us go from the top of the list to the bottom. Lol

(York County)

Statistics are a mother fucker.

Switch that from guns per capita to total amount of guns and watch us go from the top of the list to the bottom. Lol

A large total number of guns usually means high volume of people, which also means no land left to shoot on... Damn statistics and logic! I'll take guns per capita any day.

PS there's a nice PSA AK for sale in the classifieds. I don't own an AK, and never have, but PSA is usually pretty good about balancing value and cost for the recreational shooter.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    A large total number of guns usually means high volume of people, which also means no land left to shoot on... Damn statistics and logic! I'll take guns per capita any day.

PS there's a nice PSA AK for sale in the classifieds. I don't own an AK, and never have, but PSA is usually pretty good about balancing value and cost for the recreational shooter.
    PSA bought out DDI a year or so ago. You are essentially getting a DDI rifle, when you get a PSA Gen 2.

and yes, their AK's hold the same bargain value that their AR's do. Great entry level rifles.

(Dauphin County)

Ak operater’s Union on youknowwhotube for past video reviews. The 2016 Wasr10 is a great price and a sound rifle for about $700 with a cold forged barrel. The Century “American made” c39v2 is a peerdy AK capable of excellent accuracy and can be the best deal going due to fear from early manufacturing trouble. No more Vepr😢

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast