Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default NRA Return to sender

I came across this and want to see what you guys think about it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Default Re: NRA Return to sender

Good message!!

United we stand, divided we fall!

If we keep supporting Not Really American organizations then we will have our freedoms taken away.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(York County)

I "joined" the NRA many years ago. I put "join" in quotes because it simply amounted to paying my membership dues, not any sense of 'belonging' or having joined something. I've stuck with it since.

Since "joining", I have to say I've got pretty much nothing out of it. My primary experience of "being a member" has been solicitations for all sorts of unrelated services as they make money by selling their list, and constant invocations to donate even more money.

Couple that with some pretty wiffly-waffly positions on gun rights.

If the LEFT controlled both houses of congress AND the presidency AND a very strong lobbying organization AND both a recent and any-that-come-up for the next three years SCOTUS appointments, they'd be romping and rolling, not waffling and wiffling... Seriously. If the left had what we have now, guns would be illegal period. But instead of rolling back even some of the incursions the left has made in recent decades, we're pissing on each other and acting like wussies.

It all adds up to 'no more'. I recently got my annual re-up notice, and I'm not renewing.

To the NRA and the Republican party I say this: Y'all have your dream scenario: we fought and voted and gave you both houses of congress, the presidency, the court, etc.

Use it or lose it, bitches. If you don't use it, you'll have finally convinced me you're just as craven a swamp-dweller as I ever feared.
    DGAF

(Fulton County)

In addition to returning your mail; make sure you join GOA. They are the true advocates fighting for the second amendment.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    They are the true advocates fighting for the second amendment.
    Yep. I love their Take Action alerts. A simple feature like that goes a long way. NRA needs to get its shit together. This could be a very defining moment on who trully represents the gun community in the future.

(Allegheny County)

I love this woman. Her commentary on this subject is worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Yep. I love their Take Action alerts. A simple feature like that goes a long way. NRA needs to get its shit together. This could be a very defining moment on who trully represents the gun community in the future.
    Good! It's 2017 and it's clearly time for a change. We need activists not wine and insurance salesman looking to score more money for their over inflated salaries. The press loves to make the NRA the "boogie man" of the firearms world when the reality is the overwhelming majority of firearms owners aren't members because they don't do enough or due to past betrayals.

(Berks County)

Same guys. Same song. NRA is still the 900 pound gorilla. You still have your gun rights. Despite your efforts to weaken it. Show me on the doll what they did again.

(Clearfield County)

The NRA benefits from a stalemate because if the threat is always there the donations will always roll in. If they were to actually gain ground to the point of identifiable victory they would become irrelevant.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The NRA benefits from a stalemate because if the threat is always there the donations will always roll in. If they were to actually gain ground to the point of identifiable victory they would become irrelevant.
    And GOA and NAGAR and JAFO. Stop grinding, the ax is sharp already. The horse is no longer with us, departed, gone on, deceased, joined the parrot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast