Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Thread about how the NRA is selling us out

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    If 80% of Americans or more reject the idea of firearms as useful for self defense--to the point where only gun fora people support firearms and nobody else-- that's all it really takes effectively for political removal of the 2nd Amendment from the U.S. Constitution.

And a massacre like this one, that is so vivid, and well-recorded, and will be replayed back forever, can certainly help slowly eat away at the support for personal self defense.

The NRA was already facing a crisis with not being able to connect with under-40 people at all, which is why Colin and Dana Loesch are now speaking for them, since over at the ranch the board looks like a collection of testicle skin.

Remember:
    2/3 House
    2/3 Senate
    38 state legislatures to ratify

And the Constitution has been amended plenty of times including banning all alcohol from this country because a bunch of church nuts bullied everyone around them for 25+ years and used their moral authority to shame everyone into Prohibition. And then, after a decade of super high crime and FULL AUTO gun crime, had to use the same process to crawl it back.

Don't ever forget that.

Don't ever make the mistake and think that you're on the high ground, even when you are on the high ground.
    And none of this is ever going to take place...a pipe dream to get this organized and executed in my life time.

I think we need to reign in the rhetoric and "what if's". I have heard Liberals whine, but man are we getting close.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    I don't buy the nra and pro gun congressmen rolling over for sweeping changes. Most of this is overreaction on both sides. The nra had a clear message after sandy hook and I continue to have a little trust in their strategy.
    I agree...its called disinformation. And the propaganda machines are in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I agree...its called disinformation. And the propaganda machines are in full force.
    Propaganda? The NRA's own webiste says the following: "the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

That's not propaganda and it's not spin. It's straight from the horse's mouth. If anyone is trying to spin it, it's the NRA that's trying to calm people down when they basically just endorsed gun control and gave its blessing to every spineless Republican that wants to appease the insatiable appetite of the likes of DiFi, Pelosi, and Schumer. I know they think they are doing the right thing by choosing the lesser of two evils. But that's not their job. They need to never choose an evil, even if the fight looks hard. But a hard fight doesn't seem to hold their interest unless they are using it to fear monger people into sending them more money.

It's time for new management over there at the NRA. They need to get their shit together and right the ship because this decision was GD ridiculous.

The NRA's own webiste says the following: "the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.
    Because that's what we need a bunch of bureaucrats interpreting the laws as they see fit.

(Centre County)

what's worse is the BATFE ALREADY DID THIS!!!
    The NRA really screwed up this time!!!
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Clinton County)

Maybe the NRA should send a letter to the ATF for clarification.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Maybe the NRA should send a letter to the ATF for clarification.
    You must spread reputation before...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalreload View Post
    Propaganda? The NRA's own webiste says the following: "the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

That's not propaganda and it's not spin. It's straight from the horse's mouth. If anyone is trying to spin it, it's the NRA that's trying to calm people down when they basically just endorsed gun control and gave its blessing to every spineless Republican that wants to appease the insatiable appetite of the likes of DiFi, Pelosi, and Schumer. I know they think they are doing the right thing by choosing the lesser of two evils. But that's not their job. They need to never choose an evil, even if the fight looks hard. But a hard fight doesn't seem to hold their interest unless they are using it to fear monger people into sending them more money.

It's time for new management over there at the NRA. They need to get their shit together and right the ship because this decision was GD ridiculous.

There is a lot of disinformation going around...my comment was not directed to what the NRA stated. In addition, the left has their propaganda machines churning out all of these stories and getting all of their puppets lined up for photo ops and quoting the shit out of them on everything gun related...pretty much blanketing the airwaves with crap.

(Chester County)

I was initially infuriated at the first report of the NRA'a statement, but I've looked into it a little more and think maybe many are not understanding what it means. The NRA is trying to get Congress to leave it alone until the ATF can review it and issue a report. This may result in some ATF regulation, but it is important to keep Congress away, if only for a few months. I have no idea what the NRA is actually saying to our benefactors in Washington.

As usual, the liberal media is reporting in a way that is intended to drive a wedge into the NRA membership. Give this a chance to develop.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Perry County)

I was very angry with the NRA as well. However, I am open to having my mind changed. This blog is the first reasonable explanation I've read for their actions. If true, and time bears this out than I will apologize for my vitriol as it was a smart move.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2017/10/06/...does-atf-have/
    As I updated yesterday, I think NRA’s move with ATF is meant to buy time. Time is our strongest ally in a situation like this, because you need people to stop thinking with raw emotion and start being more reasonable. All the strategic documents I’ve ever read coming out of the gun control movement (I wish I could find them now) call for immediate action in the wake of a tragedy. Reason being, and they have admitted this, is that they need people in an emotional state to get traction with their ideas. They do not have millions of people who care about this issue deeply. They have people who transiently care. They know time is their enemy.

So what are ATF’s options? They can take the bait and reclassify, which would be an admission they were wrong in the first place. That will attract blame for Las Vegas to ATF and the Obama Administration. That wasn’t put in there just because NRA wanted to tweak Obama (though I will admit it a nice side effect). It’s daring ATF to reclassify. If ATF does reclassify, every bump fire stock out there will become an unregistered machine gun. All of them will have to be tracked down and confiscated. Remember that there’s no new registrations, so you won’t be able to just register it, pay your NFA tax, and be good. If there were only a few thousand of these things out there Monday, there will be tens of thousands of them out there by the end of the week. I can promise you ATF does not want to have to chase after all these things, and then be left explaining how a misclassification resulted in tens of thousands of unregistered machine guns being sold to people with their blessing.

So at the end, ATF is likely to come back and affirm their original ruling, and telling Congress if they want reclassification, the ball is in their court and not ATFs. But this will take some time, and that time will help in getting us a favorable deal. We’ll do much better to negotiate after the news cycle has moved on. Our people are now paying attention, and it’s becoming clear that having the GOP in charge of Congress and the White House is not an immunization against future gun control.

It’s a good idea to write your critters. They do need to hear from us. And that message should be to pass SHARE and National Reciprocity, and not to vote for any future gun control. Despite news stories, NRA does not derive it’s power at the negotiating table because it donates big to politicians. It derives it from all of you calling and bitching to your lawmakers.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast