Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be okay with a bump fire stock ban in exchange for nation reciprocity

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would

87 50.29%
  • No I would not

86 49.71%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Poll: would you trade bump fire stocks for national reciprocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    72 to 74 almost half of you are sell outs!
    No, some of us are more pragmatist, while some are more rigidly ideological. Two things happened that caused many of you to blow up - Trump basically said "we'll talk about it later", and the NRA called for the BATFE to review bump-fire stocks, and supports additional regulation of them. This does a few things. First, it pushes back the debate, maybe indefinitely, allowing the sheeples' emotions to cool. We may just run out the clock. Second, it takes the heat off Trump and the NRA. It improves the sheeples' image of the NRA. After all, they're fed a steady stream of propaganda that the NRA is bought and paid for by the gun manufacturers. It goes against that false narrative. And third, if BATFE actually puts some kind of regulation on bump-fire stocks, Trump's administration will get the credit, not Pelosi and Schumer, who desperately want a political win on this.

There were enough Republicans folding under pressure that veto-proof legislation might have quickly passed Congress. I wouldn't have trusted Ryan and McConnell to fight against it. That's not going to happen now.

Look what happened - the calls for banning bump stocks dropped off, and now you just have just the usual Leftists giving their same old tired spiels about gun control.

IMHO, those were our choices - fight to the death on bump-fire stocks and lose, which would needlessly expend political capital, or make a tactical retreat and either win in the end or greatly soften the loss.
    Last edited by scruff; October 10th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    But I digress. This board does have some members who are more than willing to let someone else's rights erode as long as it dosent effect them personally.
    That about nailed it.

(Tioga County)

I think people should look at the language of frankenfeinsteins proposal.

When they get your bump fire stock, they'll be coming for your triggers and then your grips, stocks, optics and eventually everything else.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised with people, but really am amazed how with a little emotional pressure how easy some will cave in and also how people can't see down the road the consequences of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    No, some of us are more pragmatist, while some are more rigidly ideological. Two things happened that caused many of you to blow up - Trump basically said "we'll talk about it later", and the NRA called for the BATFE to review bump-fire stocks, and supports additional regulation of them. This does a few things. First, it pushes back the debate, maybe indefinitely, allowing the sheeples' emotions to cool. We may just run out the clock. Second, it takes the heat off Trump and the NRA. It improves the sheeples' image of the NRA. After all, they're fed a steady stream of propaganda that the NRA is bought and paid for by the gun manufacturers. It goes against that false narrative. And third, if BATFE actually puts some kind of regulation on bump-fire stocks, Trump's administration will get the credit, not Pelosi and Schumer, who desperately want a political win on this.

There were enough Republicans folding under pressure that veto-proof legislation might have quickly passed Congress. I wouldn't have trusted Ryan and McConnell to fight against it. That's not going to happen now.

Look what happened - the calls for banning bump stocks dropped off, and now you just have just the usual Leftists giving their same old tired spiels about gun control.

IMHO, those were our choices - fight to the death on bump-fire stocks and lose, which would needlessly expend political capital, or make a tactical retreat and either win in the end or greatly soften the loss.
    I think we are confusing correlation and causation (and coincidence). Had the NRA and/or Trump said absolutely nothing on the matter either pro or con, I would wager that we would almost certainly be in exactly the same place right now as far as "cooling off" is concerned. The passion of the anti gun lobby is high and their attention span is LONG... but that of the non-gun-caring American public is SHORT. No one wants to dwell on something as horrific as mass murder so they get tired of hearing about it and start looking for something else to occupy their minds. Now this story is reduced to just an occasional comment on the news about "how there still isn't a clear motive" or how people are suing slide-fire or whatever. Government moves slowly. It moves extra slowly when it comes to things that they don't really want to go on the record about. Since 1993, guns has generally been one of those things.

The NRA has already started back-peddling on the whole thing because I'm sure the heat was getting pretty damn toasty over there in Fairfax. Now they are chanting the mantra of "we don't support a ban... we only wanted the ATF to look into it again". Personally, that doesn't make logical sense since the ONLY way the ATF could do anything about it would be to re-define what it means to be full-auto, which would be a total f'ing nightmare from this point forward in ways that we probably haven't even considered yet. If they knew this, and it was part of a stall tactic, then why take it a step further and make the statement that you feel like it "should be subject to additional restrictions"? They are even repeating the whole "Obama owns this issue" idea, which is foolish, IMO. The whole thing seems like someone was asleep at the wheel or was pounding one too many Natty Lights while crafting that statement and plan.

(Lancaster County)

After a mass shooting it’s the pro gun side that immediately starts talking about bans and what we’re going to give up or willing to give up.
    Relax, take a breath and see how fast things return to normal.

I’m picking up two guns on Thursday and putting a third on layaway.

Stay informed and active on this bill as it's said to be so loosely worded that all sorts of triggers including those real useful real world ones that companies like Gweissele and Timney make will be included as well as magazine restrictions.

As far as there being any give and take you can forget that piope dream since old Chuck Schumer has promised to kill all of these reforms which include Reciprocity, veterans' rights, hearing protection, and anti-gun Obamacare clauses all pretty much making this "poll" bullshit.

Here's the witches bill. I feel safer already.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1916

Last edited by Hodgie; October 10th, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

What part of "Give them nothing" do you guys not understand? You know the Dems* will screw us over on any firearms related laws. Sheesh....

They are not going to support cans or national reciprocity, either.

* and some RINOs.
    Last edited by qmcorps; October 10th, 2017 at 05:47 PM.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

In case anyone wasn't aware, I suggest you go to this thread and see how effective the NRA was when they issued that statement. Bipartisan. Big problem. Thanks, Wayne... time to get dialing, typing, and writing to your Congressmen ASAP. This is supported by Meehan, Costello, and Dent, BTW.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=326708

Glad to see that even today, when it's not only clear that we won't be "trading" for anything but rather just losing something... people are still willing to vote "YES".

(Mercer County)

I'll admit that as a spur of the moment I did vote Yes. But after thinking about it was very selfish of me to do it. Just because I don't own one or plan on getting one doesn't mean I should be willing to give up someone else's right just to get something I think is beneficial to me. In the few seconds it took me to click that vote I was no better than the left.
    I have learned the error of my thinking just then and I fully agree that there is no compromise when it comes to freedom.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast