Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be okay with a bump fire stock ban in exchange for nation reciprocity

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would

87 50.29%
  • No I would not

86 49.71%
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Poll: would you trade bump fire stocks for national reciprocity?

There has been a lot of talk about a possible ban on bump fire stocks. If our politicians really wanted to compromise and said, we will ban bumpfire stocks, but sign on for National Reciprocity would you be okay with a ban? Please feel free to share your thoughts and reasons below.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Poll: would you trade bump fire stocks for national reciprocity?

voted no because I am done with compromising
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Wyoming County)

If it were limited to Bump-fire stocks yeah I might consider such a thing, but I don't see that being the case. They will include Binary triggers and as speculated by some they may even go so far as define trigger weight.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    voted no because I am done with compromising
    I have to agree. I don't own a bump/slide fire and I really do not have any plans to.

I am voting no for the same reason: no compromises.

HOWEVER... if a bill were placed for vote that only banned bump fire stocks EXPLICITY and BY NAME,
    AND such bill opened up the machine gun registry,
    AND took suppressors off of NFA (no Form 4473 requirement either, I want to make my own,)
    AND enacted National Reciprocity with full enforcement against states that fail to comply,
    AND such a bill would not be allowed to have last minute riders/amendments attached to it,
    THEN I might allow it's consideration.

Given that I have a better chance of being reincarnated as Hugh Heffner in the 60s, I think I'm safe with my caveat.

(Clinton County)

Mr. Reagan, would you trade the Hughes amendment for FOPA? -NRA
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Mr. Reagan, would you trade the Hughes amendment for FOPA? -NRA
    I have to be honest with you, with the advent of bump fire stocks and binary triggers, I no longer see the Hughes amendment as such a critical thing. Yes it keeps the few remaining legal-to-own-in-civilian-hands machine guns in ultra rarefied territory, but the two aforementioned items allow firing rates nearly or equivalently to what a FAR can achieve. I don't agree with the Hughes amendment on principle (shall not be infringed,) however in practical terms at this point, it almost feels like a moot argument to fight for it's repeal. Perhaps that's a debate better suited to a new thread.

(Delaware County)

Yes. In a minute.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    I have to agree. I don't own a bump/slide fire and I really do not have any plans to.
    I as well.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Bucks County)

I am not trying to be a prick when I say this. The poll is somewhat flawed. Reason being, is there will be no concessions for National reciprocity. You are basically giving away something and getting nothing in return. I would consequently have to say no for just this reason.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast