Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be okay with a bump fire stock ban in exchange for nation reciprocity

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would

87 50.29%
  • No I would not

86 49.71%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Poll: would you trade bump fire stocks for national reciprocity?

As an old fart I've watched NRA do too darn much compromising Starting in '68, through the '70's & 80's, up to the present time. These gun control politicos want to remove all firearms from private citizens. It still makes me sick to look at a modern S&W and see the key hole in the frame.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    As an old fart I've watched NRA do too darn much compromising Starting in '68, through the '70's & 80's, up to the present time. These gun control politicos want to remove all firearms from private citizens. It still makes me sick to look at a modern S&W and see the key hole in the frame.
    Well they're on board with regulating bump stocks http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-shooting.html

The National Rifle Association, in its first statement on the Las Vegas shooting and in a rare break from its traditional opposition to gun-related regulations, called Thursday for a federal review of so-called bump stocks and suggested new rules might be needed for the device apparently used by the shooter in Sunday’s massacre.

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” the NRA said in a written statement.

Bump stocks can be used to effectively convert semi-automatic rifles to fire so rapidly as to simulate an automatic weapon. The devices were found on guns used by Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, who killed 59 and injured hundreds Sunday night.

The Obama administration’s ATF gave its seal of approval to selling the devices in 2010 after concluding that they did not violate federal law. On Thursday, the NRA called on the ATF to review that assessment.

“In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved,” the NRA said. “Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.”

MORE AT LINK

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    voted no because I am done with compromising
    THIS^^^

Do we get a reach around while being fucked by .gov?

Legal today, illegal tmw. Instant felons..bullshit and you people that voted yes should hang your heads in shame.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    You will NEVER be able to carry a gun in NY, NJ, CA, HI, MD, or DC, What fucking good is national reciprocity if it doesn't apply to the vast majority of our neighbors?

Because it allows you a lot more defense from prosecution than that weak Interstate carry law that forces you to pee in a bottle, full tank of gas and to strip your ammo/gun separate while white-knuckling it through the Maryland strip to get to God's Country where your destination is.

If you imagine you'll be able to get to the top of the World Trade Center observation deck open carrying your shiny Kimber with your wolf-howl-at-moon tee, that's never happening.

BONUS: It prevents that bullshit where that criminal Kathleen Kane put the Delaware and Florida agreements in the shredder so now we need to have Utah permits just to drive to Cabela's in Wilmington. I mean I'm glad you guys in upstate/Central PA the drive to Hamburg is nothing, but down here in SEPA that's the closest one.

So if I want to buy a gun there, I have to do the ATF 4473 two times, fill out both the DE form and then the PA form and pay $70+ for the FedEx shipping for a package that's literally shipping less than 18 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Because it allows you a lot more defense from prosecution than that weak Interstate carry law that forces you to pee in a bottle, full tank of gas and to strip your ammo/gun separate while white-knuckling it through the Maryland strip to get to God's Country where your destination is.

If you imagine you'll be able to get to the top of the World Trade Center observation deck open carrying your shiny Kimber with your wolf-howl-at-moon tee, that's never happening.

BONUS: It prevents that bullshit where that criminal Kathleen Kane put the Delaware and Florida agreements in the shredder so now we need to have Utah permits just to drive to Cabela's in Wilmington. I mean I'm glad you guys in upstate/Central PA the drive to Hamburg is nothing, but down here in SEPA that's the closest one.

So if I want to buy a gun there, I have to do the ATF 4473 two times, fill out both the DE form and then the PA form and pay $70+ for the FedEx shipping for a package that's literally shipping less than 18 miles.
    I go to Cabellas in wheeling, constitutional carry in wv. Splain to me how I should care about your shopping woes when you are willing to turn thousands into felons?
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Montgomery County)

They will ban them and we'll get nothing. The conversation right now isn't "what can we compromise with?"... it's "these are being banned and that's all".

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post

If you shop at Cabelas that's half your problem right there
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Centre County)

well thanks to the NRA, these will either be banned or become part of NFA requiring the tax stamp etc. Thanks NRA.......
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    well thanks to the NRA, these will either be banned or become part of NFA requiring the tax stamp etc. Thanks NRA.......
    is a ban on AR platform rifles more to your liking?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast