Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be okay with a bump fire stock ban in exchange for nation reciprocity

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would

87 50.29%
  • No I would not

86 49.71%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Poll: would you trade bump fire stocks for national reciprocity?

Quote Originally Posted by farmplinker View Post
    And do what, exactly? Call or email Casey? There's no way he's voting with us. Call or email Toomey? He's a tad better, but still very likely to not support 2A rights in this instance. Count on the NRA? Despite sending money to the NRA every year to protect our rights, they quickly and voluntarily threw us under the bus, (seemingly) asking for nothing in return. This poll is about a) getting something in return, or b) not voluntarily giving up any rights for any reason. I've already stated that both 'a' and 'b' are better than 'c' - giving up rights with nothing in return, which appears to be most likely.

What is hysterical or whiny about not wanting to give up a right without a fight, or without wanting something in return?
    If the NRA isn't representing your interests, then drop you membership. I did. There are others who are more pro 2nd than the NRA.

If your Congressman is not representing your interests, find some one who will. I have made no less than a dozen calls this morning, bit my tongue and expressed my disdain for the rhetoric...

Don't patronize business that are anti 2nd...

Cancel any and all business/subscriptions with companies that lean left.

Do not cater to anything Sports related.

Obviously, calling on corrupt, corporatist politicians has no effect, so go after the businesses that do. Hit them in the pocket.

If none of the above fits the bill, then find something that will. What works for some might not work for you.

The NRA appears to have capitulated on the bump stocks in order to pass National Reciprocity. Politics is a corrupt game...you will give some and get some. Reality sucks, but its the world we live in. If you don't like it, try going left...they have unicorns, and prim rosed glasses for you upon arrival.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    The NRA appears to have capitulated on the bump stocks in order to pass National Reciprocity. Politics is a corrupt game...you will give some and get some. Reality sucks, but its the world we live in. If you don't like it, try going left...they have unicorns, and prim rosed glasses for you upon arrival.
    problems as I see it: They have given up something and have yet to receive anything.

The makeup of a National Reciprocity law is not written in stone and could also be bastardized by the left to be something worse than nothing.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    The NRA appears to have capitulated on the bump stocks in order to pass National Reciprocity.
    Do you have any evidence of this? Frankly, I hope it's true, given yesterday's public statement from the NRA, but I haven't seen any evidence. As I said, my fear is we will lose bump stocks and get nothing at all in return.

Politics is a corrupt game...you will give some and get some. Reality sucks, but its the world we live in.
    Exactly right, which is why I'm hoping for some sort of silver lining in the NRA's quick capitulation. With legislation on the federal level (as opposed to court decisions), we tend to give some and get nothing back.

(Allegheny County)

I haven't posted here in a while, but feel compelled to now.

NO

I have no want or need for bump fire, and could quite frankly care less one bit if another one was ever sold again. But I am not willing to compromise one right to gain another. Period. I'm sick of seeing our rights eroded away, slowly over time, for a false sense of security.

If there is one thing I've learned in my time on this site, it's that you never get back what they've taken from us, and compromise just lets them take more and more, in small enough doses that the average American doesn't notice, until they have no rights at all.

Fuck them. I'm done compromising.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't feel compelled to work hard to defend a gun part that was excused in an ATF memo with the verkakte story that it's to help cripples shoot at the gun range.

I do not want to see them banned and we get nothing in return.

I will be alright with National Reciprocity in exchange for ditching these toys. If you want to bump, hold the rifle by your dick and belt loop it.

(Delaware County)

The NRA is in a bind...and that is a good thing. Their members are quite vocal, as they should be. Sometimes in order to move forward you need to move back...as I indicated earlier.

Since Trump won the election we have been complacent...and don't tell me we haven't been. Guess what? Complacent no more. Someone has their panties in a bunch...lets go out and make it known we are not going to be pushed over. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. No whining...squeaking only.

At best, the NRA has influence with congressmen that would normally be open to the idea of voting yes or no on gun bills. They certainly have no leverage over anti-gunners who would vote "NO WAY" on pro-gun legislation. All this talk of trading something for something is just that... talk. Can someone explain to me a reasonable, rational, plausible scenario where this ends with the Senate garnering 60+ votes on national reciprocity / hearing protection / SHARE act or whatever? Because, unless you're daft, there isn't one. Gun control advocates have a completely different definition of "compromise" than the rest of the world.

This thread is pie-in-the-sky nonsense that exists solely for the same purpose as questions like "What would you do if you won $100,000,000 in the lottery?". If it makes you feel better, that's cool. But don't use it as an excuse to feel okay with what the NRA did yesterday unless you're cool with giving up gun rights (even ones that are irrelevant to you) at a time when we supposedly hold both chambers of Congress and all three branches of the government.

(Mercer County)

Even if you take the position that the NRA had good intentions it does not matter, every liberal media outlet headline is even the NRA supports ban, nothing about national reciprocity, or hearing protection act.

(Westmoreland County)

Absolutely. To me bump fire is pretty much useless. I am concerned about the "slippery slope" of outlawing accessories, but, pragmatically speaking it will be hard to get everything without giving up something up.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    You will NEVER be able to carry a gun in NY, NJ, CA, HI, MD, or DC, What fucking good is national reciprocity if it doesn't apply to the vast majority of our neighbors?
    The purpose of NATIONAL reciprocity would be just that - to carry in NY, NJ, CA, etc.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast