Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Nationwide Reciprocity

I would like them to vote before the 2018 elections so we know who is on our side.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I would like them to vote before the 2018 elections so we know who is on our side.

A few changes, but most are still in the Senate. This has the vote from 2013 when we missed out be 3 votes.

https://projects.propublica.org/repr...3/senate/1/100

(Dauphin County)

H.R. 38 was introduced in the House on 1/3/17 and referred to a Judiciary Committee subcommittee on 1/12/17 where it has remained ever since. It currently has 212 cosponsors which is extremely high and does give me guarded hope. I contacted Speaker Ryan's office three weeks ago regarding this bill and was greeted rather coldly. Their focus right now is healthcare. I told them in very clear words to get moving on this.

Though I want this legislation passed immediately, I am not a proponent of a legislative solution for national reciprocity. Any law passed by a current Congress can be undone by a future Congress. We need our judicial branch to strongly uphold the Second Amendment which would render all of these overly restrictive laws unconstitutional. We need President Trump to appoint a lot of strong pro 2A judges to make this happen and there are a lot of bench openings.

Quote Originally Posted by PGRNPA View Post
    H.R. 38 was introduced in the House on 1/3/17 and referred to a Judiciary Committee subcommittee on 1/12/17 where it has remained ever since. It currently has 212 cosponsors which is extremely high and does give me guarded hope. I contacted Speaker Ryan's office three weeks ago regarding this bill and was greeted rather coldly. Their focus right now is healthcare. I told them in very clear words to get moving on this.

Though I want this legislation passed immediately, I am not a proponent of a legislative solution for national reciprocity. Any law passed by a current Congress can be undone by a future Congress. We need our judicial branch to strongly uphold the Second Amendment which would render all of these overly restrictive laws unconstitutional. We need President Trump to appoint a lot of strong pro 2A judges to make this happen and there are a lot of bench openings.
    And Ryan was the problem with this. He did not see it as a priority. Now it will not happen this year.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    And Ryan was the problem with this. He did not see it as a priority. Now it will not happen this year.
    I agree and so is McConnell. However, next year is part of the legislative session so all is not lost. I do believe President Trump when he addressed the NRA convention in Atlanta earlier this year that he would not forget us. He is deluged with major problems at every turn but I believe he will force this issue on Congress at some point.

(Bucks County)

Both houses of Congress, the Presidency and a slim 5/4 Supreme Court, and nothing can get passed. Nothing will get passed in the 2018 Congress (an election year). But I am certain we will hear a lot of lip service as the (R)'s ask us for donations.

General Patton would not go into a defensive mode after there was a defeat. Now more than ever, let us go on the offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    General Patton would not go into a defensive mode after there was a defeat. Now more than ever, let us go on the offensive.
    What would be the first action to take?
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 64deuce View Post
    Both houses of Congress, the Presidency and a slim 5/4 Supreme Court, and nothing can get passed. Nothing will get passed in the 2018 Congress (an election year). But I am certain we will hear a lot of lip service as the (R)'s ask us for donations.
    Good... an election year. we will hear lip service. how about we tell them it's an election year and what we expect. how about we tell them to get on it, before elections.

(Northampton County)

It looks like Joshua Prince will be giving an update on it. I don't know if anyone is interested, but here it is:

http://mailchi.mp/97129d635249/disma...y?e=8592b369ca

Did everyone sign the petition?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast