Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Went to the Outdoor Sports show in Altoona today

and must say, it was a VERY worthwhile trip! I originally went because my gun enabler of choice was doing a seminar on predator hunting, but got a few good bonuses while there. One of the vendors had a petition to send to our state legislators against HR bills 22 and 30 so I added my name to the list. Also stopped by Senator Eichelberger's table and picked up a current copy of the PA firearms regulations and a couple Personal Firearms Inventory booklets. My timing was perfect, because while I was there, the Senator showed up, and I was able to speak with him at length about 2A issues, and express my concerns. Given the material being handed out, I had an idea that he was pro 2A, and I was right! (Pro 2A, CCW holder, and NRA member) He promised to do everything he could to defeat the gun-grabbing bills. (Also gave him a few arguments that he could use) So, that was MY day!
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Went to the Outdoor Sports show in Altoona today

I was going to stop in...

I dropped the wife and daughter off at Barnes&Noble and I went to Dicks' Sporting Goods.

I have been over to the Sports Show for the last 3 years, and I found many more people there than booths. Shoulder to shoulder people looking at things that I have little interest in, like blow guns and trout ponds.

Maybe I should have stopped by.

I'm happy to hear that you got a chance to talk with Senator Eich. He has been very pro-gun since I met him 5 years ago. I glad he's on our side.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Went to the Outdoor Sports show in Altoona today

Quote Originally Posted by Mrg516601 View Post
    Eichelberger lost my vote when he came out against Sunday hunting. I don't support anti-gun OR anti-hunting politicians.
    Single issue voters have gotten us what we have here today.

Just sayin'.

If you have one bad experience at your favorite local gun shop, resturant, gas station, etc... do you stop going there and supporting their business?

If a politician is doing his/her job correctly, they are listening to their constituents.
    Maybe his office was flooded with calls that do not support Sunday hunting while only a few trickled in supporting it.
    Maybe he went with what his constituents wanted, not what he thought was best?

Maybe not, maybe he just does not want Sunday hunting to disturb his church service...

Have you called his office to voice your opinion?