Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Restaurant encounter with NJ couple. Curious ? Complaining ? Educated ?

OP handled the situation properly by being polite and educating the poor souls that came from NJ. NJ and PA are like North and South Korea. There are people that are even related but one has freedom and prosperity and the other lives under a repressive regime. One day NJ will have to be made free like the other states.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Restaurant encounter with NJ couple. Curious ? Complaining ? Educated ?

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Did you supply her with a copy of the constitution?
    I normally have a couple of LVTP-2A trifolds to give people during encounters like this.
    In past encounters; I've easily given out over 100 of these trifolds to people.
    But I had foolishly left them at home this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I carry everyday albeit concealed. When I was younger in my 20's I can still remember the first OC I ever saw. A guy at a farm story with a huge revolver in a light leather holster on his hip was walking around. It startled me. I never questioned nor worried about it but the encounter left an impression. Three years later as a college junior I would buy my first gun and eventually turn into the POOFA "gun nut" that I am today. The only thing about your story that I would comment one is that they "may" have been talking about you but then again maybe not. Perhaps, and we don't know, you were more tuned in to the encounter than they. Anyway, all's well that ends well. And, you left out the BEST PART - tell us about your gun and holster.
    S&W M&P-9 VTAC in a Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 Auto Lock Duty Holster mounted on a paddle scavenge from a Serpa CQC.
    And Blackhawk double mag holder on opposite hip.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That's ironic, I feel the opposite, perhaps I don't have enough experience with your drivers.
    I agree, NJ and NY drivers are the worst. I'd rather deal with THE KEEPER OF THE SPEED than deal with those commie bastids any day.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Chester County)

I located in the far western suburbs of Philly for a good reason. It is farther from NYC, and NJ, but I still see a plethora of license plates from both states out here. I guess I am still too close to places like Exton. I cringe every time I see those plates.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I located in the far western suburbs of Philly for a good reason. It is farther from NYC, and NJ, but I still see a plethora of license plates from both states out here. I guess I am still too close to places like Exton. I cringe every time I see those plates.
    At least the Ohio left lane turds don't speed up when you try to go around them.

There is no escape. I'm not exactly a world traveler, but the ONLY place I've never run into anyone from NY/NJ was South Island, NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    OP handled the situation properly by being polite and educating the poor souls that came from NJ. NJ and PA are like North and South Korea. There are people that are even related but one has freedom and prosperity and the other lives under a repressive regime. One day NJ will have to be made free like the other states.
    From your mouth(keyboard) to God's ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    It’s also possible that the man really didn’t care that much that the OP was OCing, but the wife insisted on finding out and went over on her own.
    That was a though that passed through my mind as well.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    It’s also possible that the man really didn’t care that much that the OP was OCing, but the wife insisted on finding out and went over on her own.
    She just might have been a YENTA.

(Lancaster County)

I have nothing to add other than PA drivers are horrible at sitting in the left lane and going the speed limit.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123