Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Why getting a gun permit in Philly isn't exactly bang-bang | Stu Bykofsky

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20170926.html

"When I went out last week to renew my police-issued concealed-carry permit, it took me .... two hours and four minutes. That was Step 1 of a two-step process that can take up to 40 days to conclude."

Someone really, really needs to edumicate this columnist on how things work in the rest of the Commonwealth.

Provide passport-size photos? Not hardly.

Sit for an interview? Not hardly.

Provide fingerprints like a criminal? Not hardly.

Indiana County renewal - ten minutes, tops. No references required.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Why getting a gun permit in Philly isn't exactly bang-bang | Stu Bykofsky

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20170926.html

"When I went out last week to renew my police-issued concealed-carry permit, it took me .... two hours and four minutes. That was Step 1 of a two-step process that can take up to 40 days to conclude."

Someone really, really needs to edumicate this columnist on how things work in the rest of the Commonwealth.

Provide passport-size photos? Not hardly.

Sit for an interview? Not hardly.

Provide fingerprints like a criminal? Not hardly.

You must not really know anything about Stu. I thought the article was rather straightforward and actually pro gun as compared to the other article he references by Helen Urbanis.

And from reading on here, Philadelphia is not the only county in PA that doesn't offer 20 minute drive thru service.

Also anyone planning on being involved with children in a semi official capacity, simply even chaperoning school trips, will get fingerprinted. It's not criminal. Just saying.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Why getting a gun permit in Philly isn't exactly bang-bang | Stu Bykofsky

QFT

I'd love to see the follow-up article...

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

Also anyone planning on being involved with children in a semi official capacity, simply even chaperoning school trips, will get fingerprinted. It's not criminal. Just saying.
    Care to explain what use the government has with fingerprints outside of criminal investigation?

You think they want your fingerprints so they'll have an easier time identifying your corpse?

(Lehigh County)

Not a bad article. My favorite comment: .... a 2" square head shot ? how many rounds and from what distance? 3 yards, 5 yards or 7 yards [the distance that most law officers are killed at] from compiled F.B.I. statistics. practice at 5 yds, get serious with 7 yds. .... then work your way up to 15 yards.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Berks county is similar - 10 to 20 minutes, $20 cash and done. Well unless of course you are me and get an initial denial. Took me like 6 months and multiple appeals just to find out what they were denying me for and then to point out the fact that they made a mistake.

My favorite was after all was fixed, said and done and I got a "denial reversal" letter they made me restart the whole process again including re-paying the $20 all for there own mistake. 20 minutes and 20 bucks werent a big deal but that really added insult to them screwing me for a half year. Oh and then I had to present the letter of shame every time I tried to buy something for the next year until it eventually stopped reporting me a denied

(Montgomery County)

I thought it was pretty pro-gun. The overall message was getting a LTCF in Philly has you jump through hoops...

(Chester County)

yeah this is how philly works. even after being sued etc.

delco sucks ass too. I swear this is set up just to provide jobs to bitter old spinster clerks in the sheriffs department. I asked the clerk last time why it takes so long in delco when in other counties its a 10 minute process, She says some stupid crap like "Its always been this way, its how we have done it for years and we dont see the need to change it."
    Yeah? We used to hunt fucking wooly mammoths using stone tools too stupid bitch. New invention, called the computer, ever fucking hear of it? Paper systems are bullshit. Run a NICS, Take my picture and print the card . How hard to understand is that?
    Seriously the state must make the system uniform accross all counties. Or better yet do away with this ridiculous system all together
    Last edited by bigandy1966; September 27th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.

(Bucks County)

It was pro-gun for sure. But the GPU is still making their own rules I see. Such bullshit...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast