Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Custom Remington 700

Will be picking this back up from X-Ring Custom Gunsmithing in Butler next week.

Remington 700 Long Action Magnum in 300 Winchester Magnum
    Magpul Hunter 700L Stock
    Magpul Hunter 700L Magnum trigger guard and magazine well and 5-roound magazine
    Remington M.A.R.S. 0 MOA rail system
    Lilja barrel (stainless steel, tactical contour, 1:10 twist with 4 grooves) cerakoted to match the receiver and rail system
    AAC M18x1.5 Mk13-SD muzzle brake (not pictured)

In addition to reaming a match grade chamber in the barrel blank and threading the end for my muzzle brake; the action was also blueprinted, the receiver threads opened up and the top screws on the receiver opened from 6-48 to 8-40 to accommodate the installation of the M.A.R.S.

Planning on an AAC Mk13-SD suppressor, a Harris bipod with Magpul M-LOK adapter and a Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 scope in the future to finish it. And, of course, some 190gr match grade 300 Winchester Magnum ammunition.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Custom Remington 700

Nice looking rig. How long is the tube on that ? I could use that at the 1250 yard range tomorrow. Can i be your new friend ?
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

27" after loping off the end of the barrel where Lilja puts their mark. Something to do with the hand laping of the barrel - the last inch isn't "usable," so they mark it with a band saw for being removed when installed.

If I like this enough, I may so similar builds in 308 Winchester and 223 Remington instead of buying Ruger Precision Rifles.

(Adams County)

I hope it was just left out but needs a trigger all that coin spent don't forget the one piece you always interface with, either a Jewel or Timney. Take it form experience don't shoot many rounds without the break, and with a rig like that might as well do a tactical bolt knob, you will be happy you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey G View Post
    I hope it was just left out but needs a trigger all that coin spent don't forget the one piece you always interface with, either a Jewel or Timney. Take it form experience don't shoot many rounds without the break, and with a rig like that might as well do a tactical bolt knob, you will be happy you did.
    I'll look into triggers, but I know the factory Remington trigger was pretty smooth when I was dry firing it. As for the bolt knob, not sure if I can replace just that. And the entire action has been blueprinted, so replacing the bolt and bolt handle at this point would probably be a step backwards.

(Adams County)

Factory triggers are pretty good compared to a lot of riffle triggers out there especially any mill spec ar trigger but there is a smoothness and break to a aftermarket that is just better, once you get one, will want to have them in all your riffles. When you send out your bolt to have a knob done you get the same bold back, they just put it in a lath turn down the knob section and thread it, don't change any of the work you had done. Google 700 Threaded bolt knob lots of cool maching videos out there.

(Berks County)

Yep. That's on my short list of guns to buy. Very nice.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

This is the brake that will get installed, since I'll eventually be getting the AAC Mk13-SD suppressor for it.