Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: New 2.0 S&W M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    For me, my Glock 19 Gen 4 and HK VP9 meet the 15 round capacity limit for states I may carry in (e.g. NJ - I'm covered by LEOSA). The full size m&p isn't much bigger than the new compact m&p, so I rather have the 2 extra rounds (when in free states like PA). Whether I got the full size or compact, I plan on carrying it in a safariland gls paddle holster like I do my Glock 19 and HK VP9.
    I really like the Safariland holster. I use the qls system and I can change out holsters on various rigs and gear w/o fuss

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    what made you decide to get this instead of the regular 17 round version or the smaller 15 round M2.0 compact?
    I already have two handguns that hold 17, no need for another. 15 + 1 is enough for me , plus extra mag. The compact wasn't out at the time plus I wanted to get the rebate. It still isn't clear if the 2.0 compact is rebate eligible. This model 2.0 holds the same ammo as the 2.0 compact , barrel is not much longer, plus I already have the original compact.

(Allegheny County)

Since the pistol section is lacking in activity, I guess I will ask a question or two.

1). Is the 17 round version of the 2.0 platform magazine-compatible with the 1.0 version's 17 round magazines?

2). Is the 17 round version of the 2.0 platform slide compatible with the 1.0 version's slide?

In other words, could I use a 17 round magazine and the slide from my 1.0 version with the 2.0 version?

The reason for the magazine question should be obvious. For those wondering about the slide question...because of work done on the slide I have now. I'd want to carry that over to the new platform if possible, rather than paying a second time to have that work done.

(Chester County)

I just picked up a full size M&P 9 2.0 today. I haven’t shot it yet, but so far I like everything about it more than Glock.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

Congrats. Love mine. Very fun to shoot and even dry fire every day. The grip and trigger are great. No malfunctions through 1000 rounds so far. Get to a range and have some fun.

(Lancaster County)

Can anyone helped me out? I can finally order it now, but am undecided haha.

I currently own a full size M&P 2.0.

Is it worth picking up the newer compact? I currently have a Glock 19, which is the same size as the new 2.0.

Does anyone feel like the size difference between the full size and the 2.0 is worth it to basically buy the same gun?

Found a Mossberg 500 scorpion for the same price as the 2.0 so that got my attention.

So what do you guys think? New 2.0c or shot gun (don't currently have one).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Chester County)

I don’t think there is a big enough difference between the full size 2.0 and compact 2.0.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I don’t think there is a big enough difference between the full size 2.0 and compact 2.0.
    I'll probably get the shotty then. It looks nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Chester County)

400 rounds through my M&P 2.0 without any issues. Accuracy is very great too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12