Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Primers again or still?

I just came away from Powder Valley's site (one of my favorite vendors). I noticed Federal Primers are once more scarce. I have no trouble using any primer in semi-autos
    (but I refuse to use Wolf or Tula) CCI, Winchester, Remington, Federal all work fine. BUT for my revolvers Federals are a must. The trigger work done on them just won't light off anything else.

BUT! What PV seemed have was Fiochi! Does anyone have any experience with those primers in tuned revolvers? How do they compare to Federals?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Primers again or still?

Federals haven’t been in stock In large quantities for quite some time. Long enough that I’ve started shooting practice ammo with Winchester’s and saving my federals for matches

(Beaver County)

I have a hell of a time ordering any Federal primer in any sort of bulk since SH. It may be my vendor. I can get CCI and Win by the truckload though. I sold just over 50k CCI/Win primers at the gun show over the weekend.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Northampton County)

I see Fed LR primers every so often, but have been looking for the match primers for a very long time. CCI seems to have good stock as does Winchester.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I have a hell of a time ordering any Federal primer in any sort of bulk since SH. It may be my vendor. I can get CCI and Win by the truckload though. I sold just over 50k CCI/Win primers at the gun show over the weekend.
    Sounds like you did well! like I said in the OP brands other than Federals don't work well in tuned revolvers, at least not with "re-tuning" them.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Sounds like you did well! like I said in the OP brands other than Federals don't work well in tuned revolvers, at least not with "re-tuning" them.
    I know. Got alot of shooters that rely on Fed for thier matches. And yes it was a good show. As good as any deep winter show. Thinking of buying some Fioochi just for that reason.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Susquehanna County)

DucatiRon sez
    Thinking of buying some Fioochi just for that reason.
    Well I hope you have a finely tuned Model 10 available to test them in! I'd really like to know if they're as "soft" as Federals!

(Bucks County)

I bought two boxes of the Fiocchi primers a couple years back when that was all you could find. They worked fine in semi-auto pistols and (non-tuned) S&W revolvers.

(Northampton County)

I just saw a posting on Facebook from Kings Shooter Supply that they have a bunch of Fed 100 in stock

(Susquehanna County)

Powder Valley responded with an answer, though not the one I was hoping for:

They do not compare favorably to the softness of the Federal primer. They
    are going to be more in line with Winchester or CCI.

Thanks

Bryan
    Powder Valley
    But, I'll give them all the kudos, thanks and continuing business possible for being direct, honest and timely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast