Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA ALERT: Oct 6 2017 Email/Call Senators/Reps Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rights

GOA ALERT: Oct 6 2017 Email and Call Senators and Representatives to Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rights

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=405633

EMAIL SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES WITH GOA PRE-WRITTEN MESSAGE HERE: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=405633
    CALL SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES VIA CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD HERE: 202-224-3121

Republicans Caving and Supporting Gun Control

GOA warned you earlier this week that this might happen.

Congressional Republicans are under extreme pressure to “just do something.”

And so rather than focus their ire on the bad guy who took 58 lives on Sunday night, they are turning their attention to an inanimate object -- bump stocks.

But through all of this, Republicans have yanked any discussion of concealed carry reciprocity off the table -- even though they had promised a vote would be coming soon.

So this is what Congressional leaders are saying about the new restrictions on bump stocks they want to consider:

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-NJ) said, “Clearly that's something we need to look into.”
    House Freedom Caucus Leader Mark Meadows (R-NC) stated that he “would be open to considering a bill” on banning these items.
    And then, of course, there’s House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who when it was pointed out to her that banning bump stocks could lead to further gun control, shot back: “So what? … I certainly hope so.”

Keep in mind that bump stocks are devices that, ironically, were approved by the ATF during the Obama administration, with the intent of helping disabled Americans shoot their firearms.

So imagine this: Congressional Republicans might be placing themselves to the LEFT of Barack Obama!

If Congress bans or regulates bump stocks, then they will have to ban rubber bands and belt loops on trousers -- because these items can simulate the same effect that a bump stock does.

In some cases, you will even have to ban fingers because many shooters can fire a semi-auto nearly as fast as a full-auto.

Congressional sources are telling GOA that a vote on reciprocity has been postponed indefinitely.

So Congress strings us along for almost an entire year (telling us to be patient) and then because one villain commits unspeakable crimes, they are now going to punish law-abiding Americans with further restrictions -- and put off the vote on reciprocity.

We need to tell Congress: No way! Don’t you dare try to bring up bump stocks for a vote, and leave reciprocity by the wayside.

I hope that you will tell your Representative and Senators that our Second Amendment rights are non-negotiable and that it’s time to bring up concealed carry reciprocity -- now!

Please contact them right away.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director

EMAIL SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES WITH GOA PRE-WRITTEN MESSAGE HERE: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=405633
    CALL SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES VIA CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD HERE: 202-224-3121

-------------------
    Text of pre-written GOA email included below for reference.
    -------------------

Say NO to ALL gun control

The Second Amendment says that the right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed."

I hope that you will uphold your oath of office to support and defend the Constitution by OPPOSING all restrictions on the Second Amendment -- including any proposed regulations or bans on bump stocks or magazines or commonly-owned firearms.

I and the 1.5 million Americans who Gun Owners of America represents will be watching what you do.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Oct 6 2017 Email/Call Senators/Reps Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rig

I have a bad gut feeling they want more than bumpfire and want it right now, not down the road. In theory ATF has demonstrated the power to get rid of stuff like bumpfire with a pen stroke. The fact they want to go through congress and make it law tells me they have much, much more in mind in the very near future. Get on the horn. Don't give one inch, and let our reps know we expect them to do the same.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Oct 6 2017 Email/Call Senators/Reps Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rig

Keep in mind that bump stocks are devices that, ironically, were approved by the ATF during the Obama administration, with the intent of helping disabled Americans shoot their firearms.
    Is someone confusing an arm brace with a bump fire stock?
    I have never ever heard anything remotely like that statement - only that they are legal because the trigger still needs to be depressed for each shot - not that it was designed to help disabled people. Help them do what, exactly? That's absurd.

Anyway, thanks for the thread and links. Off to click on it...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!