Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clearfield County)

Default Savage 110LD left handed .308

My first deer rifle, dad gave it to me when I was 10 (22 years ago) for Christmas. No accutrigger/stock, has an internal magazine. I want to upgrade the stock into something more modern and varmint/predator hunting related. I've read about 900,001.6 different things on different sights and forums about what stock, what length action, action screw spacing, etc. Frankly I'm not totally confused yet, but I'm unsure enough to seek some advice and input.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Savage 110LD left handed .308

You want to get a new/different stock for your existing gun? Or do you want to get a new varmint/predator gun? Which version of the Savage 11 do you have? Where is the safety on your gun? Do you want wood, synthetic, laminate? A picture of your action would be helpful.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Clearfield County)

I want a different stock on the old rifle. Something more functional. I'll get a pic of the action when I get home tonight.

More than likely you will have either 4.27" or a 4.4" in a 308...will depend on how old the rifle is...and not how long ago your dad bought it for you. Savage made multiple changes.

Boyd's stocks is a great place to start as they offer affordable laminate stocks for many rifles. LH stocks are harder to get and normally more money, so once again Boyd's.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    More than likely you will have either 4.27" or a 4.4" in a 308...will depend on how old the rifle is...and not how long ago your dad bought it for you. Savage made multiple changes.

Boyd's stocks is a great place to start as they offer affordable laminate stocks for many rifles. LH stocks are harder to get and normally more money, so once again Boyd's.
    OP states model 110, so it is either a long action or an early short action 110 "J-series" rifle.

This is a good piece of information:
    http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Action-Lengths