Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Buying SKS From Private Person

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    What if he didn't buy it at a gun shop?

Your grasp of what is and isn't leagally required seems limited. Brouse around some threads here before you set up a buy in the future. It might help.
    He told me he bought it at a gun shop. If hes lying about that hes not a person I want to deal with that simple. Plus I haven't seen them use the arsenal stamp as a serial number before and I was concerned about that. But honestly it was a not great shape anyway so I was a bit disappointed.

Also if you right click on your misspelled words you can spellcheck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    2 Final observations/comments.

#1 Don't store your guns in a foam case...they will rust and "grow mold" as you indicated happened. Use a gun sock instead with a lock of some sort.

#2 Just to clarify, putting a unloaded rifle(or handgun) in a case does not make a concealed weapon. If you own a long gun or a handgun...at some point you are going to leave your house with it(unless you have a shooting range at your home). Most people transport guns using a case, to protect the gun. Virtually every hunter/shooter that I have ever seen goes to the woods or range with their gun in a case. Most of them, I would guess, do not have a license to carry firearms.
    Didn't rust and mold was possibly the product of this dumpy house being overly moist. I actually got a dehumidifier and thats taken care of most of my issues I think. Wiped the wood where it had "mold" ,which I think was just mildew in reality, with vinegar and no issues since. It was fine for years aslong as I remembered to take the guns out and air and oil them every so often. Went a long time without doing this and that happened.

Also walking down the road with a gun from a park where you bought it from a random stranger is a bit different than transporting it in car from a gun shop, range, or other place of assembly. Thats what my concern was. I don't trust any of you people and I have no reason to.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm! View Post
    He told me he bought it at a gun shop. If hes lying about that hes not a person I want to deal with that simple. Plus I haven't seen them use the arsenal stamp as a serial number before and I was concerned about that. But honestly it was a not great shape anyway so I was a bit disappointed.

Also if you right click on your misspelled words you can spellcheck them.

Didn't rust and mold was possibly the product of this dumpy house being overly moist. I actually got a dehumidifier and thats taken care of most of my issues I think. Wiped the wood where it had "mold" ,which I think was just mildew in reality, with vinegar and no issues since. It was fine for years aslong as I remembered to take the guns out and air and oil them every so often. Went a long time without doing this and that happened.

Also walking down the road with a gun from a park where you bought it from a random stranger is a bit different than transporting it in car from a gun shop, range, or other place of assembly. Thats what my concern was. I don't trust any of you people and I have no reason to.
    You certainly don't have to trust us, similarly we don't need to waste our efforts advising you on your next misadventure.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    You certainly don't have to trust us, similarly we don't need to waste our efforts advising you on your next misadventure.
    Why are you such a salty person. Your internet "rep" score means jack to me or any other person irl. Why would I trust random people on the internet? Theres only one guy on this board I would trust like the word of god because I actually met him and know he was an actual FFL because he did a couple transfers for me. I don't even know if hes alive or still uses this site though.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm! View Post
    I don't trust any of you people and I have no reason to.
    Then why are you here? We realize you THINK you know a lot more than you really do, but none of us are impressed with your "knowledge". If you were here to impress us, you failed, go away. Obviously, you're not here to learn, or you'd have a much better attitude and not keep telling the forum members (many of whom have probably forgotten more than you'll ever know) they don't know what they're talking about.

(Washington County)

You show up on the site, ask a silly question, get good advice, ignore the advice, and then return to say nevermind and that you wouldnt trust the advice anyway. Fine, but don't waste our time.

Edit: removed unnecessary information.
    Last edited by marinville; September 22nd, 2017 at 06:46 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

I've been given more good advice from this board regarding pa law and firearm law in general than anywhere. On the flip side I've heard far too many ffls give really bad advice.

(Jefferson County)

ok, all parties - keep the responses to facts and cut the trolling.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

(Indiana County)

Am I the only one wondering if the op’s lack of knowledge on Pennsylvania gun laws might have caused him to pass up a $2000 sks?

(Allegheny County)

Don't really care at this point.
    He was given good info and even received legal citation as requested.
    Now he insults us.

What does it mean to burn a bridge?

Verb. burn one's bridges. (idiomatic) To destroy one's path, connections, reputation, opportunities, etc., particularly intentionally. Even if you are dismissed from a job in the worst way, take care to not burn your bridges with unseemly comments on the way out, since you never know who you will meet again.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast