Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ruger LCPII failure to eject

I just took this gun to the range yesterday and am less than happy with it . It shoots fine as far as accuracy goes. My issue is when the casings eject. Many did not. I am not sure if this is my issue as its small and hard to hold properly to allow the slide to do its thing - or the ejector. One round i tried for quite some time just to get it out of the chamber area. I did everything and it was like it was stuck. I have never had this happen with any other gun - i am just not liking it at all. And ....I put a glove on my shooting hand - had them in my range bag and it helped with the pain in one section of my hand shooting it.

Anyone else have this happen? I ordered a hogue grip but wondering if worth any more $$ into this beastie. My original LCP never does this. I will take it out again and see and if so, it will be going back to Ruger.

I knew i should have bought that CZ75 Tactical sport orange 9mm - this was a little cheaper and available..... )-:

(York County)

Default Re: Ruger LCPII failure to eject

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I just took this gun to the range yesterday and am less than happy with it . It shoots fine as far as accuracy goes. My issue is when the casings eject. Many did not. I am not sure if this is my issue as its small and hard to hold properly to allow the slide to do its thing - or the ejector. One round i tried for quite some time just to get it out of the chamber area. I did everything and it was like it was stuck. I have never had this happen with any other gun - i am just not liking it at all. And ....I put a glove on my shooting hand - had them in my range bag and it helped with the pain in one section of my hand shooting it.

Anyone else have this happen? I ordered a hogue grip but wondering if worth any more $$ into this beastie. My original LCP never does this. I will take it out again and see and if so, it will be going back to Ruger.

I knew i should have bought that CZ75 Tactical sport orange 9mm - this was a little cheaper and available..... )-:
    I got rid of mine for that exact reason. No matter how clean, no matter how good the ammo... too often had FTE.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

I have my daughters LCP that her boyfriend bought for her.
    It has a double reset during trigger manipulation. If you allow it to reset to the first position, it does not actually reset the system. The manual actually addresses this.
    The slide does not lock open on the last shot out of a Mag.
    The gun locked up in a short range session with it. I think it was a bit dry so this may have been on me.

All in all, I don't like it and bought her a Shield when they were on sale for $199 after rebate.
    The LCP will likely sit in my safe till she decides what she wants to do with it.

Aside from the gun locking up (slide not opening untill forced open), I can't think of any extraction issues it may have had.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

My LCP II works flawlessly at the range. The only issue I have is when I eject the magazine then rack the slide to clear the chambered round. Every single time I do this the round gets hung up. I called Ruger when I first got it and they said that's normal for this gun
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Did not like the similar issues stated above with my LCP ll ! Tossed it back to the dealer i do considerable business with,got a Kel-Tec 3AT and never failed no FTFs or FTEs only embellishment I did was a Pinky extension !

(Delaware County)

I have not had any problems with mine with various brands of cheap ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I am annoyed I spent $$ on this. So many reviews were positive but I can only know when I know ! My shields work perfectly. This shit can’t be trusted for anything. I bought 3 extra 7 round mags so now invested in this yet for what ? If I can’t run it in a defense situation - damn

(Washington County)

I am annoyed I spent $$ on this. So many reviews were positive but I can only know when I know ! My shields work perfectly. This shit can’t be trusted for anything. I bought 3 extra 7 round mags so now invested in this yet for what ? If I can’t run it in a defense situation - damn
    Does the manual say anything about a break in period? If there is a problem, I'm sure Ruger would fix it. If you want to cut your losses, you can pm me with a price. I've been thinking about buying one.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Does the manual say anything about a break in period? If there is a problem, I'm sure Ruger would fix it. If you want to cut your losses, you can pm me with a price. I've been thinking about buying one.
    I can't imagine most guns being "broken in" until you've had around 500 rnds through the pipe.

But then I also have had an assortment of firearms that were spot-on from the first shot - not only in function but also accuracy at whatever distance.

While lube surely helps, be sure your finger isn't on any lever that could possibly contribute to your malfunction. I've noticed that if I have my thumb just touching the slide release lever in the Walther PPQ-M2, well, things that I don't expect, happen. Same if I end up inadvertently touching the mag release button.

So if I can make a suggestion, consider reviewing your grip and see if anything you do may be affecting function.
    - bamboomaster

(Carbon County)

I like my Ruger wheel guns, but both the semi-autos I had, had function problems (sr9c and 1911) . got rid of them both
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast