Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canik

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Canik

I bought the Elite S a few weeks ago..
    Great gun, $385 at my LGS, ergos way better than my Glocks, (for me)..
    Fit and finish are superb, trigger is really good!!
    No problems so far, after only 100 rnds..
    Time will tell, but popular opinion is Canik has really stepped up their game with the most recent iterations..

(York County)

I own a tp9sf, nice stryker fired pistol, eats everything, good trigger, easy to shoot well. I think you could put dirt in there and it would still work! It is one of my favorites, regardless of price.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ftownkev View Post
    I just picked up a TP9SFX and am very happy with it. It feels and points very nice and the trigger is awesome. I also put a Vortex Venom 3MOA red dot on it. Now the only problem I did run into was that it did not like FreedomMunition ammo. I tried a bunch of different ammo through it (FreedomMunition, Federal, Winchester, Lawman and Remington) FMJ and hollow point. With every round of only the FreedomMunition it would fail to eject. Now I have heard that the recoil springs are very tight out of the factory and causes this issue. I read that you can keep your slide locked back for a couple weeks and this takes some of the tightness out (I am trying this now) or you can purchase a different recoil spring and this should solve the issue. I am trying the method of keeping my slide locked back for a while to see if this helps break it in if not I heard good things about Springco.com recoil springs and guide rods, The only downside with that is they cost $80 to fix the issue. I always could shoot other ammo also but I have about 2,000 rounds of the FreedomMunitions ammo.
    You can contact Century Arms as well and they can send you a lighter spring
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

This exact model is going to be my next Steel Challenge gun. It's almost perfect for that sport. Or USPSA minor... Fits into the following divisions depending on accessories:

Open - with dot and 20-round mags
    Limited - with iron sights and 20-round mags
    Limited 10 - see above, but mags loaded to 10
    Carry Optics - with dot and 20-round mags
    Production - iron sights, and need to get the 18-round mags as the 20's are too long

Want to have more fun, there is a guy on Canik Fanatic that sells modified 30-round Beretta mags... those would be great for the Blue Mountain Steel Classic Open Unlimited division...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123