Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Deer Processing SE PA

Hey All,

Any recommendations on places to get a deer processed during regular and/or extended firearms season? I've heard a lot of mixed things about butcher shops in the Montgomery/Berks county area when it comes to processing. Does anyone 'know a guy' who will do a great job for a fair price (or perhaps you are that guy)? Not looking for anything fancy - just regular cuts and perhaps vacuum sealed bags.

Thanks!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Deer Processing SE PA

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Hey All,

Any recommendations on places to get a deer processed during regular and/or extended firearms season? I've heard a lot of mixed things about butcher shops in the Montgomery/Berks county area when it comes to processing. Does anyone 'know a guy' who will do a great job for a fair price (or perhaps you are that guy)? Not looking for anything fancy - just regular cuts and perhaps vacuum sealed bags.

Thanks!
    may be a little far for you but in Bucks there is a guy near Neshaminy mall (not far off 276). Think his name is Bill(?). He puts his card around the local sporting goods and gun stores in fall. I've heard good things. Also check your local regular butchers. Talking to the guy at the one at the Bristol Amish market said they could do it for me.

(Berks County)

You'll get what you pay for (if you're lucky) and good definitely won't be cheap. There's a small butcher shop in Oley on rte 73 where rte 662 comes in on the east side of town. Christman's, here's a link to their web page and price list.
    http://christmansmeatmarket.com/processing.html
    And there's a shop up rte 100 in Herford that used to do it, I forget their name altogether but they're pretty much straight across from the trailer park there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Barringer Bros does it. Don't know what they charge. Richlandtown

(Delaware County)

Stuff It Taxidermy in Aston Delaware County does a nice job.

(Lancaster County)

When I lived in that area, I used Haring Bros. just N. of Doylestown.

due to this new study, and the potential real ramifications that humans have already been infected and died from zoonotic cwd and it has been diagnosed as sporadic cjd, i would highly suggest, HIGHLY SUGGEST, that anyone going to eat and or feed their family and friends with cervid meat, that you all butcher your own meat. this is why;

THURSDAY, AUGUST 10, 2017

Minimise transmission risk of CJD and vCJD in healthcare settings Updated 10 August 2017

http://creutzfeldt-jakob-disease.blo...f-cjd-and.html

*** Transmission of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease to a chimpanzee by electrodes contaminated during neurosurgery ***

Gibbs CJ Jr, Asher DM, Kobrine A, Amyx HL, Sulima MP, Gajdusek DC. Laboratory of Central Nervous System Studies, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892.

Stereotactic multicontact electrodes used to probe the cerebral cortex of a middle aged woman with progressive dementia were previously implicated in the accidental transmission of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) to two younger patients. The diagnoses of CJD have been confirmed for all three cases. More than two years after their last use in humans, after three cleanings and repeated sterilisation in ethanol and formaldehyde vapour, the electrodes were implanted in the cortex of a chimpanzee. Eighteen months later the animal became ill with CJD. This finding serves to re-emphasise the potential danger posed by reuse of instruments contaminated with the agents of spongiform encephalopathies, even after scrupulous attempts to clean them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

National Prion Center could lose all funding just as concern about CWD jumping to humans rises

SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2017

*** National Prion Center could lose all funding just as concern about CWD jumping to humans rises

http://creutzfeldt-jakob-disease.blo...-lose-all.html

Sausage makers cut out venison due to chronic wasting disease concerns

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ice/736101001/

kind regards, terry