Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    I doubt very much that we'll ever see constitutional carry in PA, unless by some miracle the SCOTUS rules that a license/permit isn't needed to carry firearms, and that it's an infringement on second amendment rights. I doubt the SCOTUS will ever truly get it right on the second amendment though : (
    PA's Art. 1, Sec. 21 is the absolute statement for the right to bear arms. 2A is not the same.

Rights will always have restrictions, placed by either govt., or private citizens.

So can a restriction be seen as an infringement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    We have it very good. That's why i have my doubts and i have reservations on reciprocity among the states.
    Sorry for the post drift.
    Why would you have reservations on reciprocity among the states? Just curious, I see it as a good thing.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    PA's Art. 1, Sec. 21 is the absolute statement for the right to bear arms. 2A is not the same.

Rights will always have restrictions, placed by either govt., or private citizens.

So can a restriction be seen as an infringement?
    Requiring permission to exercise a Right would seem an unreasonable restriction. Regardless restrictions are often infringements

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Tuff View Post
    Why would you have reservations on reciprocity among the states? Just curious, I see it as a good thing.
    Hi Badger Tuff, i would like to see national reciprocity. But i feel that would be an opportunity for anti gun dems, people or whoever to take it and use it to further restrict us. Let's take, oh take p.r.n.j. for an example. First i would hate to be the poor slob to be found with a ccw after national recip goes into effect. Instant arrest regardless of the laws.
    I see n.j. saying, ok you got nat recip now this is how it's going to be.

1. No hollow points
    2. No more than ten round magazines or ten rounds in your mag.
    3. Waiting Periods extended
    4. Gun Permits and Registration. This would be a big one in my book gun registration.
    5. Background Checks. Extended
    6. Bans on Certain Types of Guns
    7. etc..etc..etc..

This is just an example of what i think n.j would do. But we have Mass,Conn,N.Y.Cali.etc

REMEMBER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT COUNTRY WIDE.

we have it very good here in the Commonwealth of PA. Don't think these states and others would be chomping at the bit to just reign us bad bad gun totin gun owners in.

IMHO; i believe that would change.... again just my opinion.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    Hi Badger Tuff, i would like to see national reciprocity. But i feel that would be an opportunity for anti gun dems, people or whoever to take it and use it to further restrict us. Let's take, oh take p.r.n.j. for an example. First i would hate to be the poor slob to be found with a ccw after national recip goes into effect. Instant arrest regardless of the laws.
    I see n.j. saying, ok you got nat recip now this is how it's going to be.

1. No hollow points
    2. No more than ten round magazines or ten rounds in your mag.
    3. Waiting Periods extended
    4. Gun Permits and Registration. This would be a big one in my book gun registration.
    5. Background Checks. Extended
    6. Bans on Certain Types of Guns
    7. etc..etc..etc..

This is just an example of what i think n.j would do. But we have Mass,Conn,N.Y.Cali.etc

REMEMBER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT COUNTRY WIDE.

we have it very good here in the Commonwealth of PA. Don't think these states and others would be chomping at the bit to just reign us bad bad gun totin gun owners in.

IMHO; i believe that would change.... again just my opinion.
    Ok, got it. What if there could be no restrictions? Like my permit says I can CC any way I want and as many rounds as I want and your state can't change that. You know, I just had a second thought here, you're right this could lead to a Federal CCP with all kinds of restrictions.

(Lancaster County)

IMO, if they did pass it, states like NJ, NY and Kali would always be a headache. BUT, if you played by their rules you could carry legally without to much concern for arrest.

Biggest annoyance in NJ would be no HP, but thats easily circumvented but carrying filled tip HP ammo. 15rd gives you a headache if you carry double stack nine but again, I would take buying a mag for NJ versus not being able to carry at all. Or just carry .40

At the very least, it would shine a flood light on the ridiculousness of states like NJ being forced to allow out of state permit holders to carry but prohibiting in state peons from carrying.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Lycoming County)

I would say establishing something like a national CCW, would not be a good idea. That could easily be abused in the future. Reciprocity can be done, just like drivers licenses or marriage licenses our now. There's different regulations in each state for it, but they are honored by all states. That's much harder to screw with in the future imho.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    I think there is little chance of Constitutional Carry in PA. We are one of the most nonrestrictive states when it comes carrying firearms. We can open carry anywhere in the state except that in Philly one has to have a LTCF to OC. Obtaining a LTCF is relatively easy. Generall, if you can pass the federal background check to purchase a gun, you can get a LTCF in PA. I think that lessens motivation of legislators to enact Constitutional Carry. I wish they would, but I doubt they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'd agree with this. PA ltcf is only $20 with no training requirements. Compare that to other states and we have it pretty good, except for the Constitutional carry ones. I just don't see enough push to get it through.
    Embracing that argument is really no different than saying "We only want Common Sense Gun Laws" --- Constitutional Carry is what OUR CONSTITUTION specifies - Any restriction, on law-abiding citizens to exercise their Art. 1, Sec. 21, recognized Right, _IS_ Questioning that Right & Infringing on it...

This is an inalienable Right because it is NOT created by NOR conferred from any government or NOR even from your fellow citizens --- We might have to live with the government violating our Rights until we can change the government, but let's NEVER FORGET that THEY _ARE_ INFRINGING UPON OUR RIGHTS!!!

Having it 'pretty good' compared to how other states are INFRINGING on their citizens' Rights should never be an acceptable argument for lack of interest in seeing ALL INFRINGEMENT END within the state of which we are citizens... Our citizenship in PA, and the Right to be treated properly (Constitutionally) by our government, should not be minimized by accepting 'pretty good' treatment as SUBJECTS OF THE STATE...

Why can't 2018 be the year that PA joins the other states who have properly moved forward with (or back to) the reality of Constitutional Carry???

%%%
    Last edited by ImminentDanger; January 7th, 2018 at 03:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12