Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Brandishing and firing off a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    You must have had a rough beat.
    Not necessarily; an electrician mostly encounters electrical problems; a lawyer mostly meets clients with legal troubles; and cops mostly are summoned when someone is breaking the law.

Lots of people go decades without ever really needing a lawyer, but I meet people who need one right now. It's occupational bias. People who will cooperate with cops without any need for a drawn gun are more likely to not be lawbreakers in the first place.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Not necessarily; an electrician mostly encounters electrical problems; a lawyer mostly meets clients with legal troubles; and cops mostly are summoned when someone is breaking the law.

Lots of people go decades without ever really needing a lawyer, but I meet people who need one right now. It's occupational bias. People who will cooperate with cops without any need for a drawn gun are more likely to not be lawbreakers in the first place.
    certainly was a rough beat for a flatfooted person...

as a former electrician i can testify that you encounter shocking situations... luckily my tools are worse for wear than i am. wasn't in many situations where lockout-tagout was acceptable, we worked hot, unless it was a rough in. not many incidents though.

in my encounters with police over the years, 100% of the time they have avoided drawing a firearm. something to be said about cooperating.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    certainly was a rough beat for a flatfooted person...

as a former electrician i can testify that you encounter shocking situations... luckily my tools are worse for wear than i am. wasn't in many situations where lockout-tagout was acceptable, we worked hot, unless it was a rough in. not many incidents though.

in my encounters with police over the years, 100% of the time they have avoided drawing a firearm. something to be said about cooperating.
    I remember the only time that cops pointed guns in my direction with hostile intent; I was a kid working at a pizza place, and one day I looked up and there was a car stopped directly in front of the store, and several cops were in the road and had their guns drawn and aimed at the driver, who happened to be directly between me (inside the store) and the cops.

I moved discreetly to the side, out of the line of fire.

Other than that, every time I looked down the barrel of a gun it was an idiot inside a gun store or an idiot at the range.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I remember the only time that cops pointed guns in my direction with hostile intent; I was a kid working at a pizza place, and one day I looked up and there was a car stopped directly in front of the store, and several cops were in the road and had their guns drawn and aimed at the driver, who happened to be directly between me (inside the store) and the cops.

I moved discreetly to the side, out of the line of fire.

Other than that, every time I looked down the barrel of a gun it was an idiot inside a gun store or an idiot at the range.
    range and drunk for me. i dont see drunk anymore no do i visit that range.
    lol
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

I told this story once before, probably in less detail.

A drug addict tried to mug me in a deserted supermarket parking lot at midnight.
    I saw him coming and I knew he had already selected me when I was the last one to leave the market, and the door was instantly locked behind me and the lights were turned off.

I could have let him attack me and shot him down, but I don't want to shoot anyone.
    I positioned myself with the hood of my car and my shopping cart between us, to increase my reaction time and to give me some cover if he pulled a weapon.
    He could see that I knew what was up, and he took a look around and then started to move in.

I locked eyes with him while I placed my hand by my holstered gun so I could easily draw if I had to.
    I told him I was armed and he better get out of here.
    He suddenly stopped and looked confused (he was hurting for his drug fix, he had all the obvious signs), and he said "what?".
    I repeated I was armed and that he better get out of here.
    He hesitated for a second, he could see that I meant it from my tone and my body posture, and then he spun around and ran away.

No shooting, no killing, didn't even have to draw my gun, but there is no question that the gun stopped the drug addict from trying to mug me.
    Had I been Joe Liberal with a rape whistle I would have been a mugging victim that night.

I did not call the police or file a report since no crime had been committed and there was nothing to report.
    I think what happened to me is a typical example of the unreported statistics referenced in previous posts.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post

snip

He suddenly stopped and looked confused (he was hurting for his drug fix, he had all the obvious signs), and he said "what?".
    He hesitated for a second, he could see that I meant it from my tone and my body posture, and then he spun around and ran away.

Snip

I did not call the police or file a report since no crime had been committed and there was nothing to report.
    I think what happened to me is a typical example of the unreported statistics referenced in previous posts.
    The presence of the gun changed Berncly. His demeanor was different.

Had the goblin not been jonesing he prolly would have picked up on the clues that he was making a mistake in his victim selection.

The absence of a report to der politzei is also correct. The gun prevented that specific crime.

Thanks for sharing.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

A drug addict tried to mug me in a deserted supermarket parking lot at midnight.
    I saw him coming and I knew he had already selected me when I was the last one to leave the market, and the door was instantly locked behind me and the lights were turned off.

I could have let him attack me and shot him down, but I don't want to shoot anyone.
    I positioned myself with the hood of my car and my shopping cart between us, to increase my reaction time and to give me some cover if he pulled a weapon.
    He could see that I knew what was up, and he took a look around and then started to move in.

I locked eyes with him while I placed my hand by my holstered gun so I could easily draw if I had to.

No shooting, no killing, didn't even have to draw my gun, but there is no question that the gun stopped the drug addict from trying to mug me.
    Had I been Joe Liberal with a rape whistle I would have been a mugging victim that night.

I still would have given them a description...he's obviously attempting to mug people. Might help them track him down when the next victim gets hit.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Nothing as told indicates the "suspect" had a criminal act in mind. If police found him, the potential for a role reversal might put the police addressing berncly's having threatened him with a gun, as countered (told) by the "suspect". Last I knew, the courts do not allow sixth sense, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Bang; September 21st, 2017 at 12:08 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I had a similar incident at the mall years ago while Christmas shopping. I just swept my jacket open revealing the 1911 on my hip. The guy headed back inside through the rain. I was thinking of giving the security a heads up but figured I’d be the one ending up being questioned. Went on my way instead.
    So it’s another case of using a gun to deter crime that was never reported.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Otherwise, you should probably stop arguing the law with a lawyer.
    I think you're confusing opinion with law, probably a function of your grossly bloated ego. You want to take uncle Joe's advice & fire two shots off your balcony or rack your slide action movie style to let everyone know you mean business, have at it. I mean, the sound of a shotgun chambering a round is the best form of home defense, right? How could every other Fudd gun store employee be wrong?

looking forward to your long winded response

F5

F5

F5
    Last edited by itchinesu; September 21st, 2017 at 02:41 PM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast