Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Why do much dislike toward Kahr pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    My thoughts are a lot of folks are turned off by the fact they are owned by Moon Kook-jin, also known as Justin Moon, is a Korean American businessman.He is the son of Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Unification Church (the Moonies) He is the founder and owner of Kahr Arms, an American small arms manufacturer and Chairman of the Sun Moon Education Foundation

But they do own Thompson/Auto Ordinance, so cant be all that bad....Id own one
    Their name could also hinder their gun sales too. For example I heard that a first time gun buyer went into a gun shop and asked the sales person for a recommendation for a 1st handgun. The salesman asked “have you considered a Kahr”. The buyer responded “I came in here to buy a gun not a car you moron” and walked out.

At one time in the not too distant past Kahr's were authorized carry by NYPD. When NYPD mandated a heavier trugger pull, twelve pounds, the Kahr was dropped from their approved off duty and back up list.

I have had two Kahr 9mm's, a CW9 and a CM9, that have been flawless everytime I have shot them.

Rick

(Fayette County)

Love my Kahr CM9, which I carry as a primary in the summer. Also, I have an early (1995) all steel K9 with the blackened finish. It is an excellent carry with a proper belt and holster -- one of the most comfortable-in-the-hand guns I own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123