Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock accuracy

(Chester County)

Default Glock accuracy

What we think is right around 175 yards (we paced back from a known distance, and it came out around 170ish) ... G19, Warren Tactical sights, 115gr ball practice ammo. Roughly B-27 sized steel target. It's hard to see, but if you pause the video to stop the shaking....top berm (3rd one up, kind of in a shadow), the little red dot in the center of the dark dirt square on the left hand side of the berm.

Whoever says the Glock isn't accurate.... "needs a piss test". First shot was a touch high, at 11 o'clock...I was thinking there would be more drop, there was almost none.

FWIW, that Glock probably has a good 12k rounds through it, everything is factory (connector, springs, etc... except grip tape and sights.) Sights are a wide notch type, and were simply centered in the slide when installed (by me). If you think your sights are off, but they're centered in the slide....think again.

Shooting at 100 yards+ really gives you confidence when you're shooting at 25 yards and in...if you have the opportunity to try it, I highly recommend it.

Anyone else got some vids of ringing steel at range with a pistol?

I was able to ring that sucker about 4 times in a row before I'd miss one...couldn't get any longer strings, this time.

The same target was hit again at 200 yards with 3 round strings at most, and at 225...with a slightly lower success rate.
    Last edited by synergy; September 16th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: Glock accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

What we think is right around 175 yards (we paced back from a known distance, and it came out around 170ish) ... G19, Warren Tactical sights, 115gr ball practice ammo. Roughly B-27 sized steel target. It's hard to see, but if you pause the video to stop the shaking....top berm (3rd one up, kind of in a shadow), the little red dot in the center of the dark dirt square on the left hand side of the berm.

Whoever says the Glock isn't accurate.... "needs a piss test". First shot was a touch high, at 11 o'clock...I was thinking there would be more drop, there was almost none.

FWIW, that Glock probably has a good 12k rounds through it, everything is factory (connector, springs, etc... except grip tape and sights.) Sights are a wide notch type, and were simply centered in the slide when installed (by me). If you think your sights are off, but they're centered in the slide....think again.

Shooting at 100 yards+ really gives you confidence when you're shooting at 25 yards and in...if you have the opportunity to try it, I highly recommend it.

I was able to ring that sucker about 4 times in a row before I'd miss one...couldn't get any longer strings, this time.

The same target was hit again at 200 yards with 3 round strings at most, and at 225...with a slightly lower success rate.
    great vid!

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock accuracy

Seen it before & it was absolutely shocking...excellent VID..
    USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) I-Corp DMZ "Leatherneck square"
    ((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
    G26-Lasermax, G27, G22C-TLR-1

Outstanding, Synergy. Good video and great backup for those of us who enjoy the Austrian/Georgian plastic guns. I have a 22, a 23 and a 27 and they all have several thousands of rounds through them and they are more accurate than my eyes.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I have shot my Glock pistols(G23, G32) at 100 a few times.

At a turkey shoot somewhere in Monongahela, we were getting ready to shoot rifles at 100. I was at the range with a retired local LEO police chief who was shooting a Sigma .40.
    I told him that we should try our handguns at 100. He laughed and said we probably couldn't even hit paper at that distance.

I shot 5 or 6 rounds and hit an IDPA sized target each time (don't remember spread). He pulled his pistol and at first shot with the bench supporting his arms and also made a few hits. He then shot offhand and made some hits much to his surprise.

At one of the early group shoots and after an eye injury, I shot my G23 (cross dominant) with Blazer ammo and hit six of ten shots on an IDPA target.

The pistols are perfectly capable.

Good vid by the way.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Chester County)

I just love hearing that steel ring. The lag between the shot and the hit just makes it that much more gratifying.

(Cambria County)

Good Shootin'.

Sort of thread hi-jack....

I inherited a 21 from my father. Only about 400 rounds through it.

I am looking for a trigger lock that fits. I have yet to find one, so I am currently using a shotgun cable lock through the barrel and one down the mag well (yes, two locks).

Also, any decent holster recommendations? Just a simple, at the right hip, belt type would be fine - only for range anyway.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingWind View Post
    Good Shootin'.

Sort of thread hi-jack....

I inherited a 21 from my father. Only about 400 rounds through it.

I am looking for a trigger lock that fits. I have yet to find one, so I am currently using a shotgun cable lock through the barrel and one down the mag well (yes, two locks).

Also, any decent holster recommendations? Just a simple, at the right hip, belt type would be fine - only for range anyway.
    Just search "glock +holster, and you'll turn up more results than you'll want to read through, here.

(Chester County)

Search on YouTube for James Yeager and Tactical Response and you will see him do some similar shooting using XS Big Dot sights. I think he did it to prove wrong those that say Big Dots aren't good for distance shooting.

Great shooting to the guy in the OP's vid.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by LM4300 View Post
    Search on YouTube for James Yeager and Tactical Response and you will see him do some similar shooting using XS Big Dot sights. I think he did it to prove wrong those that say Big Dots aren't good for distance shooting.

Great shooting to the guy in the OP's vid.

The OP is the dude shooting...me. Thank you!

I'm not a fan of Yeagers...but I've seen the video, and hit at 50 yards with Big Dots, myself. They function, but take longer to use at distance...it took me a while to realize it, as I shot well with them. BUT, I now shoot better with a wide-notch traditional sight picture.

It's just easier to fine tune your sight alignment with notch and post style sights, than getting a precise allignment with the Big Dots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast