Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: I really want to like Taurus...

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    50%? That's ridiculous. I'm not that lucky. If it were 50%, I would definitely be in the wrong half. Taurus would be out of business very quickly if 50% of their products were returned. Have you heard about the new Ruger Mark IV recall? How about 100%?
    Im not claiming they have a fifty percent failure rate, only that I wouldn't personally buy one without assuming it was a coin flip weather or not it would need work out of the box.

My understand is that Taurus sends basically everything out into the wild and whatever comes back get QC checked.

(Northampton County)

CDI is right send it back and let them fix.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Have not any issues with the Taurus Ultra-Lite.Brings up a question the Taurus P-111 G 2s,have two No issues after 500 rounds any feedback on your experience with these pistols ? Dont mean to hijack but since we are talking Taurus !

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I have a new Taurus M85 matte stainless with the bull grips. Fit and finish is good and the gun shoots very well. I was amazed at the trigger on it, very nice and it breaks clean. I paid $210 for it and I'm very satisfied.
    Same experience for me with the Stainless M85. Ended up bobbing the hammer as well. Then purchased a M85 Ultra-Lite, and switched out the bobbed hammer with the SS M85.
    Also bought a 4" M85 just for fun. All have been flawless.
    Last edited by mark40; November 20th, 2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: update
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Have not any issues with the Taurus Ultra-Lite.Brings up a question the Taurus P-111 G 2s,have two No issues after 500 rounds any feedback on your experience with these pistols ? Dont mean to hijack but since we are talking Taurus !
    I picked up 111 g-2. At 1st it had some no reset issues. My son told me keep shooting it. Now it's broke in and is 100% reliable. I carry it now more then my 40.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    The reality of Taurus is that you get what you pay for.
    They make a borderline to down right shitty product.
    they used to be somewhat decent....when they only made beretta clones.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

I've handled 3 Taurus guns.

The first gun I ever shot was a Taurus owned by former law enforcement. It was accurate and functioned mostly with the semi regular jam. I don't know the model. But it was a 9mm semi and this was in the 90's.

Second Taurus I handled was in a store. Some sort of 22 magnum revolver. I thought the sight picture was goofy until I realized it was missing the rear blade.

Last time was at a store as well. I was purchasing a s&w 617. The sales clerk attempted to downsell me (a first, right?) By telling me to check out these nice Taurus guns at a fraction of the price of the Smith. I humored the clerk. Checked the lockup and noted to the clerk that it failed to lock up every time.

Admittedly, I've seen these types of problems on other guns, but I've also heard the customer service horror stories. Same reason I won't touch Sig either. And Taurus and Sig are not in the same league for quality.

-Zach

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I've handled 3 Taurus guns.

The first gun I ever shot was a Taurus owned by former law enforcement. It was accurate and functioned mostly with the semi regular jam. I don't know the model. But it was a 9mm semi and this was in the 90's.

Second Taurus I handled was in a store. Some sort of 22 magnum revolver. I thought the sight picture was goofy until I realized it was missing the rear blade.

Last time was at a store as well. I was purchasing a s&w 617. The sales clerk attempted to downsell me (a first, right?) By telling me to check out these nice Taurus guns at a fraction of the price of the Smith. I humored the clerk. Checked the lockup and noted to the clerk that it failed to lock up every time.

Admittedly, I've seen these types of problems on other guns, but I've also heard the customer service horror stories. Same reason I won't touch Sig either. And Taurus and Sig are not in the same league for quality.

-Zach
    Good thing you didn't buy a S&W Stealth Hunter, their front sight blades were known to fall off after 20 or so rounds.

(Lehigh County)

A few years ago I was spotting shells with a friend who was shooting his Taurus 1911 45. It misfired, double tapped and the second round apparently went off out of battery or cooked off because it blew out the magazine, the takedown pin ended up 6 feet in back of him and the slide dropped off. He stood there, face covered with gun powder residue, holding onto the frame. The only damage to him was a slight scratch on his face. He was lucky.

Taurus does honor their warranty though. They rebuilt it for free and he shoots it frequently.
    NRA Life Member

(York County)

I used to like Taurus. I've owned several over the years: the PT-99SS, the PT24/7PRO Long Slide, the PT145 Millenium, and the PT24/7G2. Now, Taurus has discontinued the PT24/7 as well as their various medium frame pistols, and only their PT1911 is available in .45 ACP. It's a shame that Taurus did this. So, I'm now looking to replace my PT24/7G2 with something else; I'm leaning toward the FNX-45.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast