Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I really want to like Taurus...

I have an older 85 that is ported. I have had no issues out of that gun. I was thinking of getting a new 85 for my wife and just saw this thread. Not sure how to react to what I am reading. All I know is that they at onetime made a decent 85. So now its a debate between new and used. Really want to get her, her first "NEW" gun. But don't really want the hassle of possibly having to send it back for repairs. I know their warranty is good, but never knew anyone to use it to get turnaround time. I remember one time Colt was 6-8 weeks. Not trying to go that long.
    Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? Probably Not.

(Montgomery County)

UPDATE:

Got it back after the quoted 6 week turnaround time and guess what? It's not fixed. The repair sheet says the cylinder stop and forcing cone were adjusted, and 10 rounds were test fired. Clearly they didn't do any dry fire tests as well because the problem is so clearly still occurring. I discovered it again within about 10-15 DA dry fire pulls. I think it's still the cylinder stop.

Called customer service and my option is to send it in again and wait another 6 weeks for repair or possible replacement. Great product guys!!! If you can only afford one defensive gun - do not buy a Taurus. You will be left defenseless for 12+ weeks.
    Last edited by jthrelf; November 17th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    UPDATE:

Got it back after the quoted 6 week turnaround time and guess what? It's not fixed. The repair sheet says the cylinder stop and forcing cone were adjusted, and 10 rounds were test fired. Clearly they didn't do any dry fire tests as well because the problem is so clearly still occurring. I discovered it again within about 10-15 DA dry fire pulls. I think it's still the cylinder stop.

Called customer service and my option is to send it in again and wait another 6 weeks for repair or possible replacement. Great product guys!!! If you can only afford one defensive gun - do not buy a Taurus. You will be left defenseless for 12+ weeks.
    Sorry to hear that but I can't say I'm surprised.

Make a video of it and link their service department.

-Zach

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Sorry to hear that but I can't say I'm surprised.

Make a video of it and link their service department.

-Zach
    Good idea. Might get me to the front of the line if I message it to their social media accounts!

(Bucks County)

Wearing my shocked face.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Good idea. Might get me to the front of the line if I message it to their social media accounts!
    Unfortunately I seriously doubt it would. I have a feeling if you linked a YouTube video they wouldn’t even open it.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

I dont doubt that Taurus with the flood of snubbies of recent seems their quality control is lacking again.I have a Taurus snub from the 1980s and flawless,wife has the ultra lite for two years and no issues EXCEPT for a squib load from Remington.also she has the Taurus P 111 G2 that has been exceptional with no issues !

When I worked a gunshop , we had so many brand new defective Taurus revolvers , would not keep them on the shelf and would only order one if the customer agreed that if it had ANY problems , they were THEIR PROBLEMS. They would have to handle and warranty claims and S&H charges themselves. They just weren't worth it.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

What do u mean u want to like?! You do or u dont thats it)) Taurus its good pistol in my opinion! back in the time when i was feeling fine and having enough time except for searching for https://pharmacyreviews.md, i was looking for it.
    Last edited by Shent1939; December 7th, 2017 at 07:45 PM.

(Bucks County)

What he means is he bought a Taurus thinking it was going to suit his needs. It disappointed him. Then their customer service disappointed him. Everything isn't black or white.

You can want to like something but end up disliking it for any number of reasons (quality, lack of features, cost).

-Zach

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast