Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: I really want to like Taurus...

Quote Originally Posted by Shent1939 View Post
    What do u mean u want to like?! You do or u dont thats it)) Taurus its good pistol in my opinion!
    Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    What he means is he bought a Taurus thinking it was going to suit his needs. It disappointed him. Then their customer service disappointed him. Everything isn't black or white.

You can want to like something but end up disliking it for any number of reasons (quality, lack of features, cost).

-Zach
    Correct. If it was in 100% working order I would really like it. It looks and handles very nicely.

Not bashing Taurus but our Taurus G2s P 111 9mm now have over 1,500 rounds through them with not issues I shoot this gun alongside my Glocks 19 and 43 !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I dont doubt that Taurus with the flood of snubbies of recent seems their quality control is lacking again.I have a Taurus snub from the 1980s and flawless,wife has the ultra lite for two years and no issues EXCEPT for a squib load from Remington.also she has the Taurus P 111 G2 that has been exceptional with no issues !
    The Taurus guns from back then were good. Quality ( on all guns) was far better. I seriously considered several back in the day. I haven't been interested in a Taurus anything in a very long time. I know lots of people seem happy with them, and for the price they're hard not to consider. But for me, unless it's a fun to shoot gun (not for PD), I give them a pass.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: I really want to like Taurus... UPDATED

I never gave Taurus much of a look. If I want a Beretta I’ll save for a Beretta or a Smith or a Colt etc

My buddy bought a Taurus in 1993. A 357. Still has it and shoots it regularly.

(Monroe County)

Have 2 Taurus 357 mags shoot them as much as my 686 and have never had a problem with either one. Also have a raging bull in 44 and shoot it with my 629 and no problems with that one either.

I always hear the same thing about Taurus. They are great "If you get a good one". I'm not buying anything where I have to hope I get a good one. I would rather stick to brands where a good one is the norm.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I always hear the same thing about Taurus. They are great "If you get a good one". I'm not buying anything where I have to hope I get a good one. I would rather stick to brands where a good one is the norm.

This exactly. It doesn't matter to me if the Taurus appears to be the deal of the year...wasted money is just that.

(Delaware County)

Whether or not one cares for Taurus may be academic in the not so distance future. They are coming off a 30 million settlement in the Carter/Taurus civil suit. They have dropped a number of models in the G2 line including all 24/7s, they have dropped all models of the 45 ACP polymer autos, and soon are dropping the 40 S&W models. The only polymer auto left standing will be the G2 9MM. This situation does not lend itself well to a company that is stable, much less one that is on the rise.

I am involved in the lawsuit and currently waiting for a replacement for 3 Mil Pro models, none of which gave me problems. All replacement firearms will be the G2 9s, no matter what caliber a lawsuit effected Mil Pro was.

Retailers are whoring the G2s out the door at sub 200 dollar prices at some location sales.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Whether or not one cares for Taurus may be academic in the not so distance future. They are coming off a 30 million settlement in the Carter/Taurus civil suit. They have dropped a number of models in the G2 line including all 24/7s, they have dropped all models of the 45 ACP polymer autos, and soon are dropping the 40 S&W models. The only polymer auto left standing will be the G2 9MM. This situation does not lend itself well to a company that is stable, much less one that is on the rise.

I am involved in the lawsuit and currently waiting for a replacement for 3 Mil Pro models, none of which gave me problems. All replacement firearms will be the G2 9s, no matter what caliber a lawsuit effected Mil Pro was.

Retailers are whoring the G2s out the door at sub 200 dollar prices at some location sales.
    What was the lawsuit about?

-Zach

(Bucks County)

The suit was brought on by plaintiff Chris Carter, a deputy sherriff in Iowa. As part of the settlement, Taurus will further pay $9 million in attorney’s fees.

“Carter alleged in his class action lawsuit that the Taurus pistols in question “contain a drop-fire defect that may cause the pistols to fire when dropped from a normal height, and a false safety defect which allows the pistols to unintentionally fire even when the manual safety lever in in the ‘on’ or ‘safe’ position and the trigger moves rearward.”

Carter is a deputy for the Scott County, Iowa, sheriff’s department. He filed the class action lawsuit after his own Taurus gun fired while he was working one day as a narcotics agent and he dropped his gun on the ground in the middle of a pursuit. When the gun fell, it fired even though the safety was on. However, no one was shot, only a car was hit.

According to the class action lawsuit, Taurus was aware of the defects in their guns since 2007. In addition, the class action lawsuit also cited lawsuits that Taurus settled over injuries that allegedly occurred from unintended discharges. Also, the Sao Paulo State Military Police in Brazil reportedly recalled 98,000 Taurus firearms in 2013 because the alleged trigger problems.

The Taurus class action lawsuit charged the Brazilian gun maker with suppression, failure to warn, violating the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and state consumer protection laws.”

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast