Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: I really want to like Taurus...

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    There are a few things in life that you need to be able to trust 100% - Your pilot, your tires, and your gun.
    No gun is 100%.
    If there was one all others would be bankrupt.

(Montgomery County)

So a bit more info after diagnosing the problem more. I believe the timing between the cylinder latch dropping after trigger pull begins and the pawl starting to rotate the cylinder is the problem. The pawl doesn't engage quickly enough, letting the cylinder flop around once the cylinder latch is disengaged.

If held with the right side of the gun facing upwards, the problem is exacerbated.

Looks like I definitely have to call customer service. Pretty lame.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    The reality of Taurus is that you get what you pay for.
    They make a borderline to down right shitty product.
    I have a Taurus 85 Ultralight that I checked very carefully, for cylinder lockup and timing before I even accepted delivery. Haven't had a problem with it, but I don't consider it a range gun. It's a carry gun, or glove box gun. I put a few hundred rounds through it, and cleaned it well each time, and it functioned flawlessly, both SA and DA. I am 99.99999 % positive that it is going to fire anytime I pull the trigger.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    If I were going to buy a Taurus I would expect a fifty percent chance that it would need to be sent back for service. You paid $200 for it, just send it in. Yes it sucks, deal with it.
    50%? That's ridiculous. I'm not that lucky. If it were 50%, I would definitely be in the wrong half. Taurus would be out of business very quickly if 50% of their products were returned. Have you heard about the new Ruger Mark IV recall? How about 100%?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    I have a Taurus 85 Ultralight that I checked very carefully, for cylinder lockup and timing before I even accepted delivery. Haven't had a problem with it, but I don't consider it a range gun. It's a carry gun, or glove box gun. I put a few hundred rounds through it, and cleaned it well each time, and it functioned flawlessly, both SA and DA. I am 99.99999 % positive that it is going to fire anytime I pull the trigger.
    Give it time and round count.
    Look- I understand there is no reasoning with the "Defenders of the Cheap"

Many people look at Turdus and see a S&W- they may LOOK similar but inside they are quite different, especially concerning the quality of the individual parts.
    Every once in a while they spit one out that will go the distance- but that isn't an every day occurrence.

You can not get around the fact that you are getting what you pay for with these poorly wrought copies of a quality design.
    If a Taurus suits your plan for it, by all means buy one. I'm not making a judgement on using one for a carry gun- you suture-self.
    I am making a realistic judgement on their quality based on looking inside them and repairing dozens before deciding not to accept any more for repair.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Give it time and round count.
    Look- I understand there is no reasoning with the "Defenders of the Cheap"

Many people look at Turdus and see a S&W- they may LOOK similar but inside they are quite different, especially concerning the quality of the individual parts.
    Every once in a while they spit one out that will go the distance- but that isn't an every day occurrence.

You can not get around the fact that you are getting what you pay for with these poorly wrought copies of a quality design.
    If a Taurus suits your plan for it, by all means buy one. I'm not making a judgement on using one for a carry gun- you suture-self.
    I am making a realistic judgement on their quality based on looking inside them and repairing dozens before deciding not to accept any more for repair.
    That does it!
    I'm going to gunsmithing school!

I want to make so much money that I can turn down work!!!

(Montgomery County)

they sent me a shipping label for free, no issues there at least! However a 6 week turnaround time was quoted. And being in Miami they may still be dealing with some hurricane Irma aftermath delays.... we shall see. Good thing this isn't even close to my primary...

The only Taurus I would consider by a LONG shot is the new T series, based on a design by Wilhelm Bubbits:

It's basically a Steyr with replaceable backstraps... so far the T series has not been announced for the US market.

(Chester County)

My Sig P320 was (voluntarily) recalled.

...just saying.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    That does it!
    I'm going to gunsmithing school!

I want to make so much money that I can turn down work!!!

You funny.
    Gunsmithing doesn't generate enough money to keep me in hookers and blow.
    I decline Taurus (and a couple others) in the interest of my customers.

Why should they pay me to repair something that the factory repairs for free?
    I decline action work on them also- basic action work takes a minimum of a third longer due to the shitty condition of the parts; and the inescapable fact that you can not turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast