Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: I really want to like Taurus...

Wife owns a Ultr lite 38 Taurus for over 3 years now,only issue we ever had was a squib load from remingtons factory.I works everytime and value and dependability are there so take it for what its worth a low priced dull finished 38 spl ! With over 250 rounds thru it !

(Chester County)

I have a Taurus 85 with the bull logo rubber grips. I replaced the trigger return spring with a Wolff spring to make the trigger lighter. When I was putting the revolver back together. I had the same issue the OP was describing. I stripped the revolver and reassembled it again. I've put a few hundred rounds through it since then without any issues. The trigger on mine is now VERY smooth.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I have a Taurus 85 with the bull logo rubber grips. I replaced the trigger return spring with a Wolff spring to make the trigger lighter. When I was putting the revolver back together. I had the same issue the OP was describing. I stripped the revolver and reassembled it again. I've put a few hundred rounds through it since then without any issues. The trigger on mine is now VERY smooth.
    Interesting, maybe I'll strip it and reassemble to see if anything changes. When the problem was happening, how often would it occur?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Interesting, maybe I'll strip it and reassemble to see if anything changes. When the problem was happening, how often would it occur?
    It only happened after I reassembled it when I replaced the spring. I forget what wasn't aligned properly, but I fixed.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Washington County)

If I were going to buy a Taurus I would expect a fifty percent chance that it would need to be sent back for service. You paid $200 for it, just send it in. Yes it sucks, deal with it.

(Lycoming County)

I've yet to get a turd from them. I've got an 85 and 80 revolver currently. Both shoot fine. I've had a millennium pro and it ran fine also (current owner uses it as a ccw). Dad's had the judge, a model 80, and one of the 22mag revolvers (can't remember model). The 22 mag's sights were pretty far off from the factory, but other than that no issues. I'm sure there are ones that have issues out there, but Taurus produces a shit ton of guns. If something's not right, send it in. I'm sure they'll fix it. I still think they have their place, especially for the price.

(Schuylkill County)

I have a new Taurus M85 matte stainless with the bull grips. Fit and finish is good and the gun shoots very well. I was amazed at the trigger on it, very nice and it breaks clean. I paid $210 for it and I'm very satisfied.
    Respect Few.....Fear None

I bought a 605 .357 5 shot stainless revolver last month. I only have carried S&W J and K frames before. I am a prior LEO and firearms instructor. I was totally surprised at the quality of the Taurus. It was beautifully made and finished. It locks up tight and appears to be as good as or better than any Smith I have ever owned. The revolver was 268.00 plus tax brand new. This is my new carry gun. I carry full .357 loads and have fired them and the recoil is hefty but bearable. I had problems with one brand of ammo and they replaced the boxes so I will even try that ammo brand again (Armscor).

(Indiana County)

I have three Taurus revolvers, an 85UL .38, 922 .22WMR and 66 .357 and all have worked 100% for me.
    All are newer models, the .22mag is about 4 years old iirc, the others are newer, I just picked up the 66 and ran a few cylinders out of this weekend, ages full load .357's and a couple .38's with no problems.

My 13 year old has claimed the 922 as her own.

The 85 has worked fine through 60 or so rounds of +p .38.

Hokkmike Guest

There are a few things in life that you need to be able to trust 100% - Your pilot, your tires, and your gun.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast