Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Australia , you continue to top yourself being irrational about guns.

'It's a bloody joke!': Farmer threatens knife-wielding trespasser with a rifle and turns him in to local police, only to have officers come back and SEIZE all of his guns
    Father-of-three David Dunstan was woken up in the night by an armed intruder
    The trespasser was armed with a knife and a seven-foot long piece of redgum
    The farmer unlocked his gun cupboard and went outside with his .22 calibre rifle
    He forced the man into his car as his wife called police, who picked up the man
    Later that morning officers returned to confiscate all three of Mr Dunstan's guns

A farmer who confronted an armed trespasser with a rifle and turned him in to police has been left shaking his head after officers came back and seized all of his guns.
    Father-of-three David Dunstan was asleep on his rural property at Bungawannah in New South Wales when his dogs started barking at 3:30am on Thursday.
    Upon seeing a strange man, Mr Dunstan unlocked his gun cupboard and grabbed the nearest firearm - an unloaded .22 calibre rifle.

Mr Dunstan said the intruder proclaimed he 'didn't want any trouble' after spotting the weapon.
    Mr Dunstan's wife called the direct line of the local police.
    Mr Dunstan told Daily Mail Australia he used the gun 'as a prop' to calm the man down and force him into his vehicle.

Officers from Albury Police Station 15 kilometres away met the farmer on the road and took the man into custody.
    But later on Thursday, officers returned to the property and confiscated Mr Dunstan's three firearms - all of which are registered.
    'I'm just shaking my head thinking "What else could I have done?" It's a bloody joke,' said Mr Dunstan.

'The gun wasn't loaded and I didn't even point it at the bloke, didn't need to, he calmed right down when he saw it.'
    'What was I supposed to do? By the time the police got here, would they have taken 15 minutes? 20 minutes? I've got three kids in the house.'

Police confirmed they seized three firearms from a Bungawannah property.
    Officers from Albury Local Area Command arrested an 18-year-old man and charged him with aggravated break and enter with intent - armed, and enter building/land with intent to commit an indictable offence.
    The man appeared at Albury Local Court on Thursday and was refused bail to appear at the same court on November 6, 2017.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ssHO9Y5Q
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ssGuy7Tj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by internet troll; September 16th, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: England, you continue to top yourself being irrational about guns.

New South Wales is Australia.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    New South Wales is Australia.
    I guess that's why they say Australia in the article. Time to change the title. Thanks for catching that.

England.... Australia, they both rank high on the irrationality list so most of the title works.

(Erie County)

Aussies can't even spell, it's C-A-L-I-B-E-R!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    It's one of those Queen's English thing, like colour instead of color.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(York County)

Farm huh?
    Lots of land huh?
    Next time "S", "S", "S" !

(Tioga County)

In Australia the police hold huge amounts of power and say over firearms and the sad thing is most of the cops there are terrible firearms handlers and shots. NSW is one of the worst states to deal with when it comes to firearms. You have no real right to defend yourself. In NSW there is something on paper in regards to self defence and I can't remember the wording but mostly in practice it is useless. The victim is the criminal if you defend your life.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    No mate it's calibre.

(Chester County)

In Mother Australia, Calibre shoot YOU!

tie the intruder to a tree near some water known for the presence of crocs , let nature handle it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast